Visuals and Music

run_time

I remember when I first started raving i used to love visuals running in clubs - probably had something to do with the headspace at the time...anyway, with modern multimedia technology (and its dropping price) i guess i kind of expected things to be heading forward in leaps and bounds but its not that often that I'lll see visuals that add to the experience.

Bad Example: Output night recently - visuals seemed more a branding exercise (pushing artists and record label's names) rather than doing something stimulating - this was from some people who are supposed to be at the top of the game.

Good Example: seeing Hextatic for the first time after a day indulging in a fine selection of intoxicants - visuals where ruff cut but fun and were obviously triggered by the music. left me wanting more although seeing them play second time round wasn't nearly as fun

Would love to see more of the good stuff and less of the mediocre

Woebot

for a while it seemed like it was a career tactic for young design crews. which wasnt a bad thing i suppose. remember dfuse?

i work occasionally with people called UVA who do some insanely cool stuff which is all algorythmically generated. call me nathan.

http://www.uva.co.uk/main.html