synth britannia - BBC4

dave

the day today tonight
Yeah, I was watching the trailer a week or so back . The Martin Gore and Gary Numan quotes are gold.

It looks ace. I'm hoping to get hold of it somehow.

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Dave, it'll go up on torrent sites I reckon, if not I'm sure you can find a way to DL it from the iPlayer site using a proxy or some other kind of technical wizardry ;)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
ah feck, missed most of it. Never mind, with On Demand it's there for the next week :D

Crap about it not being available outside the UK...the BBC should sort that out.

massrock

I think they've hardly got enough bandwidth to serve the UK at the moment.

And sorting out rights for a lot of stuff could be tricky.

But they could raise quite a bit if they charged overseas leaches, I mean viewers. ;)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Licence fee for the world! Anyway, this is great

when they took the arts programming on to BBC4 when very few people had it, and (infinitely more importantly) refused to show the ads for aid to Gaza, they waived any rights they had to...anything.

but this is still no reason not to take the opportunity to call non-Britishers leeches. Can we get PBC though?

hucks

Your Message Here
redacted

Edit: Misunderstood Baboon entirely. This is because I am partly watching the programme and not paying attention properly here

Last edited:

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
Andrew Mcluskey from OMD has the last, hilarious, sentence :D

Simon Reynolds is the main talking head over it all. His biggest tv outing yet i guess. It's quite story driven but overall I thought it pretty good. Get's a good balance between the Throbbing Gristle/Cabaret Voltaire angle and the pop ambitions of the League et al. Slightly under does the importance of Germany, but maybe that'll be next week.

Last edited:

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
interesting program :)

but I hate the music in part II as much I ever did

great equipment, great ideas
and all they did with it was make this appalling anodyne pop

:slanted:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
great equipment, great ideas
and all they did with it was make this appalling anodyne pop

:slanted:

well, it became that, but when i first heard it it was the future, regardless of whether i liked it or not.

don't blame the pre-cursers and all that

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
i have high hopes for the krautrock thing next week....unless it keeps exactly to the text of Krautrocksampler, i'll prob feel a bit shortchanged. Are there any other krautrock docs on the web..?

massrock

WDR did a whole evening of stuff a few years ago. Search for Krautrock Nacht. Quite a few clips on youtube. The narration is in German obv.

Two evenings!

Last edited: