Telepathy

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I'm doin a thing and it's gonna be shown at the Tate Modern on Saturday, and I wouldn't normally do this, but if anyone's got anything to say on telepathy, or remote viewing, or psychic experiences, then I'd like to hear it.

Is it OK to say that if anyone doesn't want their experiences potentially used as subtitles to a film then don't post? I've got most of what I'm using ( as 'material') already but I kinda thought, well, may as well ask everyone on here cos I really appreciate everyone who is on here. It's not a big thing, it'll just be used as projections in the turbine hall and I'm not getting paid, and I doubt I'll use the work again, so no payment, but I'll credit anyone, but it might be brief and oh god whatever.

Anyway.

Well, when my mum died, I was in Manchester and I keeled over - not knowing she was dead - and was sick, and subsequently have had alot of experiences whereby when someone has died that I've known (not even personally, i.e. Michael Jackson) I've been sick, spontaneously. What's that about?

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
I'm doin a thing and it's gonna be shown at the Tate Modern on Saturday, and I wouldn't normally do this, but if anyone's got anything to say on telepathy, or remote viewing, or psychic experiences, then I'd like to hear it.

Is it OK to say that if anyone doesn't want their experiences potentially used as subtitles to a film then don't post? I've got most of what I'm using ( as 'material') already but I kinda thought, well, may as well ask everyone on here cos I really appreciate everyone who is on here. It's not a big thing, it'll just be used as projections in the turbine hall and I'm not getting paid, and I doubt I'll use the work again, so no payment, but I'll credit anyone, but it might be brief and oh god whatever.

Anyway.

Well, when my mum died, I was in Manchester and I keeled over - not knowing she was dead - and was sick, and subsequently have had alot of experiences whereby when someone has died that I've known (not even personally, i.e. Michael Jackson) I've been sick, spontaneously. What's that about?

Congrats! Sounds fun. I have lots of stories like that but they're all pretty standard and boring...

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
on the 31st of august 1997 i woke up at about 5am and for some reason instinctively went straight to turn my tv on and saw that lady diana had just died.

hmm

massrock

Terence McKenna liked to point out that we forget how remarkable it is that we can project thoughts from one mind to others by issuing special sounds from our mouths.

swears

preppy-kei
Once when I was chonged out of my mind I thought I could hear my mate's thoughts, it was really exciting... then i realised he was actually just talking to me.

zhao

there are no accidents
it is belief in loads of bollocks like this, and spirits flying about, and the yeti, and astrology, that is obstructing humanity's path to a future rational utopia where logic is the sole guiding principle of life. anyone who believes in bollocks like this should be, sorry to be blunt, lined up and shot.

massrock

spock-scotty-mind-meld.jpg

logikal telepathik facepalm

martin

----
Telepathy's real, but I've always been rubbish at remote viewing. Like most folk, deaths and births tend to trigger it, but I've also used it to: inform someone I'd run out of credit on my pay as you go phone, prompting them to call me immediately; persuade three cops to leave me alone and run off down a side-road instead; wish a missing person happy birthday; piss about with Zener cards and look 'well deep'; secure toys I wanted as a child - it's all pretty mundane, really, nothing you couldn't do with a mobile. I've also had numerous wake-up calls when certain people were in trouble (or more often than not, having a melodramatic panic) at inconvenient hours.

However, it seems the older you get (especially if you drink regularly), the more your reception deteriorates in quality. Still, last week, I was standing at the bar and I suddenly had this crystal clear thought, "IT MUST BE FUN TO ROB A BANK". Then this guy next to me turns round to his girlfriend and says, "I'd love to rob a bank". Like a psychic mexican wave.

But then again, I once did an ESP test and scored 0 out of 15 - apparently 3 is 'lower than average', 0 is like having the intuition of a wheelbarrow.

rob_giri

Yea I have loads of stories, don't really know where to start. I 'am' 'a psychic', and have spent many years experiencing, integrating and developing this sort of awareness. Mays well just write some shit.

Telepathy and psychic perception are a form of communication and perception (respectively) that are more 'accelerated' than that of dualistic, mundane thinking and writing. Though the idea may seem farcifal, these things are really just natural extensions of everyday perception and are and have been a naturally occurring part of human consciousness for tens of thousands of years.

Quantum physics (bell's theorem) proves that particles can co-exist and/or be in complete communication with each-other regardless of their place in space and time - and it was this idea that inspired Robert Anton Wilson to say that the only thing faster than light itself, is Consciousness - in that exchanges of information from point a to point b are possible not via a local route, but rather by non-local co-existing sources of information and energy.

Virtually every tribal group the world over has developed their own language and mythology to relate to various forms of accelerated perception, including long-distance telepathy. The 'Bush Telegraph' is the modern Australian aboriginal phrase to relate to this phenomena, where various tribal groups would communicate with each-other through the intelligence of the trees via the natural magnetic fields of the earth.

Carlos Castaneda, whom most know for disseminating information of this ilk, coined the terms 1st and 2nd Attention - to relate to distinguishing between 'everyday' perception (tonal) and 'psychic' perception (nagual).

Antero Alli has developed this definition further, to say that whereas 1st attention is the attention that is used to assign meaning and value to experienced information (using the intellect or 'lower' mind) 2nd attention is the attention that is linked directly with energy and phenomena, with no assigning of meaning and with no symbolic fixation - it is the pure perception of 'seeing' things as they are beyond all of the filters of symbolic perception (higher' mind). Herein lies the difference between the Symbolic and the Real.

The interesting thing is, of course, that both perceptions are neccessary. This correlates pefectly to the Astrological mapping of Gemini and Sagittarius and/or the 3rd and 9th House of the horoscope. Sag/9th House relates to experiencing the energy of life on a personal level, and Gem/3rd House relates to processing and communicating of that energy to the world at large. Intuition and Intellect - the Intuition needs to be grounded and served by the Intellect, just as the Intellect needs to be informed and guided and Intuition.

bla bla

rob_giri

I like that McKenna quote someone posted above too. This highlights the fact that in actual fact, our bodies are deeply complex instruments, constantly communicating with eachother (in social settings etc), irrespective of the fact that our conscious minds might be elsewhere. It has been said, if you could find a way of seeing in which you could see how it is that people communicate with eachother's bodies on a subconscious level, it would blow your mind.

Someone also mentioned that births and deaths trigger it. In the Tim Leary's 8-Circuit Brain model (also explored by Robert Anton Wilson and currently being explored and promoted by Antero Alli) it shows how things like psychic perception (Circuit 6) and telepathy (Circuit 7) can act as 'shocks' to their lower correlaries of emotional intelligence (Circuit 2) and intellectual intelligence (Circuit 3).

The Psychic intelligence of circuit 6 shocks the Emotional intelligence of circuit 2 with increasing levels of uncertainty, destabilizing the certainty brought on by emotional investment. In the same way, the territorial-fixations and subsequent emotional certitude of circuit 2 can act as an Anchor to the accelerated psychic perceptions of circuit 6. The more you know where you are certain in your life (reclaiming emotional-territorial intelligence for yourself) the more you can permit more uncertainty in your life. The more you learn to permit uncertainty (circuit 6), the more your perception of the world around you will EXPAND

The Mythic/Telepathic intelligence of circuit 7 shocks the conceptual intelligence of circuit 3 with increasing levels of indivisibility. Intellectual intelligence excells by comparing things to one another, setting up cognizance by a system of dualistic rationale. Having sudden experiences of 'Circuit 7' unity (deeply mystical experiences that people refer to when they talk about 'oneness', the kind of experiences that reveal our place as part of greater living organism of planet earth, for example) SHOCK the processes and formations of our personality on a conceptual level - literally blowing our minds. However, the more we can learn to solve our own problems and develop receptivity via things like meditation, learning to listen more to whats going on around us by paying attention (instead of wasting energy by drifting off in our thoughts), the more we can become receptive enough to the emanations of circuit 7 mythic intelligence. Our minds then become receptor vessels for a large intelligences to speak through us. Engaging, embodying and living out this sort of process - is what people refer to when they talk about Genius - and anyone in history or anyone we know who we refer to when we use this word, is the sort of person who has come to a good relationship with the parts of their being symbolized by circuit 3 and circuit 7 in this model imparticular.

What you think?

rob_giri

interestingly, i automatically wrote that word and then had it challenged by the spellcheck - prompting doubt. it is a word, right ?