bullies

crackerjack

Yeah, think they might have misjudged this.

hope you're right. been talking about this elsewhere and quite a few people saying, "can't stand Brown, BUT..."

just utter, utter scum. I expect no better of The Sun, but watching the Guardian, Times and BBC join the hunt is foul.

PeteUM

It's all grist
What you naive fools don't realize is that ZaNu-Lab leaked Spellingate to spin sympathy from the Sun's bullying. :D

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
He should have sent her a Facebook message, something like 'Yr son died, ROFLMAO, xxx'

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
just utter, utter scum. I expect no better of The Sun, but watching the Guardian, Times and BBC join the hunt is foul.

totally right, but i think you're being a bit too generous to the other organisations named.

the thing about gordon brown, for all his faults, is that he does appear to be recognisably human, unlike a great many politicians. And ffs, the guy has lost a child himself - i think he knows better than most what that means.

crackerjack

totally right, but i think you're being a bit too generous to the other organisations named.

the sun has crossed the line from being a newspaper with a pro-tory bias to actually being tory campaigners. this might sound trivial, but there is a difference. proper newspapers don't try to snuff out the govt by deliberately announcing their change of allegiance straight after the pm's conference speech. i don't expect the times to give brown a fair ride, but nor do i expect them to tap his phone calls.

what disappoints me about the others is that this is a 'fun' story, but a fucking insignificant one. it's symptomatic of the new influence of blogs and comment pages that this has been shunted up the news agenda all week.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeah, the Sun's influence and the way they exploit it is defintiely unhealthy.

What heartens me is that the public's reaction has been pretty spot on. I would've thought there would've been a lot more pedants than there actually seem to be. And that makes me smile.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7848614.stm

after this earlier this year (as reported by the organisation themselves), I don't think a clear divide between 'gutter' media and the 'quality' media means much, however.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
after this earlier this year (as reported by the organisation themselves), I don't think a clear divide between 'gutter' media and the 'quality' media means much, however.

also witness the garbage that frequently turns up at Comment is Free, Neil Clark and dodgy Islamists are two immediate examples that spring to mind

Papercut

cut to the bone
With all the fuss thats being made you'd swear Brown had killed some innocent civilian for no good reason.

massrock

Just ask Dan Quayle.

Brown should have bluffed it out, make a law changing the spelling of these people's name. What else is power for? Politicians are useless.