kompakt merchandise

evergreen

yeah, sorry this isn't about grime, but i really like Kompakt's designs and was wondering if they have any t-shirts or things like that. i'm pretty sure i've seen a record bag somewhere. where would one find these?

egg

Dumpy's Rusty Nut
shop+mailorder>back catalogue>kompakt>scroll down past vinyl & cds = bags & shit

S

simon silverdollar

did anyone see on ILM that kompakt are going to make their ENTIRE back catalogue [and affiliated stuff like profan etc] available for download?

crikey.

turtles

in the sea
simon silverdollar said:
did anyone see on ILM that kompakt are going to make their ENTIRE back catalogue [and affiliated stuff like profan etc] available for download?

oh wow oh wow oh wow. this is outstanding news and also very very bad because i will soon be very poor. and apparently it's in the bleep.com-style too, no DRM! Ah, life is good. :)

ambrose

boomkat sell speicher bags, with the eagles, but i dont like the colours. I have searched the web fr kompakt slipmats, and the seem to be entirely sold out.

I want those eagles!

or failing that some dots..... :(

( i did get a wicked perlon t shirt in the post toda ytho!)

Backjob

Microhouse t-shirts always crack me up - they're always so desperately tasteful, like they're almost embarassed to brand the thing. I've got a Musik Krause one and I was wearing it out, and there's another guy there who I didn't know with a Mille Plateau one on, and we just looked at one another and smiled, like did we wear these things just to impress one another?

ambrose

er......isnt that like, any band/music t shirt?

they are the most pointless garments ever, their only raison d'eter is to scream "this is what i like and this is who i am"

at least if theyre tasteful then theres an element of design interest. frinstance, perlon artwork is awesome, and the t shirt is wicked design as well, as well as being in my favourite colours. now if it only had been designed for short fat people like me, rather than impossibly lanky skinny germans, i ight be able to wear it........

Backjob

ambrose said:
er......isnt that like, any band/music t shirt?

No, cos those tend to say SIMPLE PLAN in big letters across the front and are therefore pretty unambiguous. The microhouse ones use 12 point type and thin little lines...

It amuses me cos it's an example of the increasing subtlety of consumer culture - signifiers interpretable only by smaller and smaller groups of people.