UK DVD-r in the USA?

believekevin

I have a DVD-rom and a playstation 2.. can't get the Risky Roads DVD working on either. Anyone have suggestions? I think I need a "region free" player but not sure..?

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
It depends, first off, if you have a normal dvd player many of them have hacks for removing the region function (google whatever make of player you have + region unlock or something like that).

If you want to play it on your computer, there are a couple of things you can do on a pc (not sure about macs). First off, if you go to right-click on your dvd drive (d or e or whatever it is) in windows explorer, then go down to properties and click that open. then when that window opens click on 'hardware' and then select your actual dvd drive. there should be a button that says properties. click that (having selected your dvd drive) then another window will open with a selection of tabs. one of them should say 'dvd region', so go in there and you can change your dvd region (most makes will only offer a limited number of times you can change this, though). that's easy enough.

there are also programs that can unlock the dvd region function on your drive forever, but you'll have to google them up as I've never used one so couldn't say (I think that a program called DVD Ghost can do it).

john eden

male pale and stale
If it's any consolation I have an all-region DVD player and I can't get my US-produced Wordsound DVD to run on it. :(

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Yeah, but you've got one of the cheapest and chessiest DVD players in the world.

On a Mac -- VideoLan, or VLC, should be what we need.

No re-sizeable window though :(

mightiest

f

well if its on a dvd r it should work
if not den uve been done
try downloading it of
dc++ dat will help u

p.s dont tell anyone i told u to download it

mms

sometimes
anyone know any sites with codes to break dvd regions that are free, there seem to be loads out there that you have to pay for but strangley no free ones.
for such simple information on the internet in 2005, surely ... :)

Tha Megatron

Im not sure if my Mac was ment to do this but it plays any region DVD with no problem besides scratched discs. And one more weird thing...I can play any region DVD on my X-Box which is a 1st generation version that was not mod-ed. I have no clue how its possible but hey if it lets me dub Risky Roads and Lord of the Decks 3 on VHS cassettes with clairty then its all good.

mega

Dr.Doom

Umm...
Ps2

Any Playstation2 series 6 from the satin silver onwards e.g slimline,winter white or midnight blue versians will all be multi-regional any thing before this it wont also series 6consles play dvdr aswell so there should be no problem depending on the model of your ps2.It is quite easy these days to get a multi-region compatible DVD player these days for cheap if not allready unlcocked you can easy get a password or a crack of the net fo your DVD player as iv done it before.

Jason

h-crimm

Tha Megatron said:
Im not sure if my Mac was ment to do this but it plays any region DVD with no problem besides scratched discs. ........... if it lets me dub Risky Roads and Lord of the Decks 3 on VHS cassettes with clairty then its all good.

just a warning about yr mac.
i think they let you change regions five times (to account for you moving to europe and back a couple of times) then the DVD player will stick in the last region. lord of the decks and risky roads are probably region free, i kno RiskyR is region 0 cos i can play it on my US DVD player and LOTD2 was def region 0 also.

most DIY things, most music DVs, comes without region coding cos the people who are making em dont care about the corporate fabricated bullshit thats behind trying to stop us watching video that we've legitmately paid for...

the whole system is clearly dum but uhhh you kno that anyway