Breaking Bad

benjybars

village elder.
yeah i'm halfway through series 2...

the acting is impeccable. and some amazing cinematography for a tv show.

love it.

benjybars

village elder.
go back to it...

the protagonist's (Walter White) determination to plough on is far from depressing imo.

grizzleb

Yeah it's a reall strong show. My only critique is some of the dialogue between Jesse and Walt seems a little strained at points, there could have been alot more done on that front. Seems to be confined to calling each other assholes.
Other than that its really watchable nonsense, I loved the scene in the restuarant about halfway through season 2. You get a proper cheeser moment. And you do find yourself rooting for them too which is good.

Too depressing? What kind of tv do you watch, teletubbies?

grizzleb

It's about a high-school chemistry teacher (Malcolm in the Middle's Dad) finding his family in money troubles, and himself with cancer and decides to try and make meth to make ends meet.

benjybars

village elder.
rewatching the first series with my girlfriend. so good.

agree that the dynamic between jesse and walt is slightly one-dimensional (calling eachother assholes etc) but they've got really good chemistry (allow the pun) and there are some touching moments amongst the numerous comical ones.

the main actor, Bryan Cranston, is amazingly good. actually all the acting in uniformly excellent.

optimum

Poochie
Snap! I just rewatched the first series with my girlfriend too. I agree with the one dimensional stuff and also with the touching moments too. I like how Walt changes throughout the show, an excellent performance though I always loved him in Malcolm in the middle and Seinfeld too.

benjybars

village elder.
finished series 2.

a truly fantastic series... bryan cranston one of the great performances of modern times... true stories.

benjybars

village elder.
watching season 2 for a third time.

season 3 has started in US and is easy to download the torrents.

have you guys not got into this yet? what's wrong with you?!?

muser

I've been addicted to it, seems to be going down hill a little bit in this season but they manage to keep throwing in something to make it worthwhile. Lots of stupid and often pointless foreshadowing and some pretty dodgy dialogue / overacting, which they normally try and compensate for with some sort of explanatory scene a bit later. Still its quirkiness is enough to make it pretty great.

benjybars

village elder.
i'm halfway through season 3.

maybe a slight dip in quality from series 2, which was exceptional, but still really good.

so damn watchable!