Dream Machine

zhao

there are no accidents
watching a documentary called Flicker on Brian Gyson's revolving lamp shade which supposedly trigger beta wave activity in brain. cursorily interesting things said by talking heads from Genesis to Iggy, a visit to the Beat Hotel, etc...

was just wondering if anyone has or has made one or have experiences with one? did you really start hallucinating after a mere 2 minutes of closed eyes meditation in front of it?

IdleRich

IdleRich
I made one years ago. You definitely get powerful and vivid hallucinations. Though TBH if you close your eyes and relax, you start seeing things anyway - or at least I do - the light source just seem to "beef them up" and make 'em more vivid, and the flickering movement seems to add some kind of moving pulsing quality to whatever it is you're seeing.

Also, if you paint the inside - I made one that was red/yellow - they look f***ing great when they're going!

john eden

male pale and stale
yeah I had a go on a few of these. The experience varied quite a bit - the best one kicked off some wicked op art patterns on the inside of my eyelids which lead to other stuff...

bruno

est malade
or music, there is a brion gysin release with one disc of master musicians-type recordings, really hypnotic stuff.

mms

sometimes
i've had a go on some of gysins originals

had some nice abstract shapes etc//

also would recommend this excellent book about the chequered history of the dream machine