RIP Jack Rose

zhao

there are no accidents
age 38... i guess if the good go young the best go very young... i am fucking gutted. the thought of future recordings from this man was a comfort to me, very special, bringing a smile every time...

now there will be no more. loss of an indispensable soul and pair of hands.

there are no substitutes... Blackshaw is nice but so pretty and intricate and lacking that earthy deep swing, that twang which folds time and transcends location... my god his music is so beautiful. i was a devout follower from the first 3 seconds of the first track i ever heard on the Wooden Guitar comp.

this void will go unfilled. so sad...

Krasner

He died of a heart attack. So sad.

He was easily the best of the new generation of Fahey acolytes. A great balance between technique and raw emotional delivery that people like Stefan Basho or Richard Bishop just can’t match.

Anyone heard his drone/psych group Pelt? They were awesome too.

zhao

there are no accidents
yeah really fucked. it's pointless but i can't help wonder if there were narcotics involved... not so far stretched when you consider a lot (or most) of the Indian classical master musicians were notorious alcoholics and hardcore drug abusers.

zhao

there are no accidents
why couldn't it have been... anyone who appeared on MTV during the last 5 years.

not much solace but there is a final album which i believe he just finished...

for all i know he died of genetic or natural heart condition, but...

if you are an artist DO NOT buy into that fucking stupid stupid pretentious anti-health "only-capitalist-slaves-work-out" fucking BULLSHIT.

and fucking take care of yourself.

zhao

there are no accidents
Benny, PM coming your way shortly.

104564.jpg

jack rose - luck in the valley
feauting mike gangloff, isak howell, nathan bowles, glenn jones, hans chew, & harmonica dan

side 1
blues for percy danforth
lick mountain ramble
woodpiles on the side of the road
when the tailgate drops, the bullshit stops
moon in the gutter

side 2
luck in the valley
st. louis blues
tree in the valley
everybody ought to pray sometime
west coast blues

release date: 2/23/10

BareBones

wheezy
I'm ashamed to say I've never heard Jack Rose's music. Anyone want to give me some pointers?

i've only got the kensington blues album and the self-titled one but they're both great.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

(don't know why this one says 'kensington', i think it's called spirits in the house)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>