Raw T / Tony Wilson / Factory (F4) - Culture Show BBC2 last night

bun-u

Trumpet Police
There was a bit on the Culture Show last night about Tony Wilson’s new F4 label and their main crew Raw T, which was funny.

It started off with Wilson doing his now familiar routine of claiming he has the most talented group in the world on his label…’they’re poets yada yada’. Then there’s a bit with him in the studio with them and when one of the crew shouts ‘brap’, Wilson turns to the camera and informs us ‘that noise means good’….and then you hear a bit of Raw T over an old Roll Deep riddim…and they sound good – familiar words and phrases with a manc twang. Then it finishes with a load of nobody journalists (NME etc) giving their opinion ‘oh Wilson’s just jumping on the uk hiphop bandwagon’

gumdrops

bun-u said:
There was a bit on the Culture Show last night about Tony Wilson’s new F4 label and their main crew Raw T, which was funny.

It started off with Wilson doing his now familiar routine of claiming he has the most talented group in the world on his label…’they’re poets yada yada’. Then there’s a bit with him in the studio with them and when one of the crew shouts ‘brap’, Wilson turns to the camera and informs us ‘that noise means good’….and then you hear a bit of Raw T over an old Roll Deep riddim…and they sound good – familiar words and phrases with a manc twang. Then it finishes with a load of nobody journalists (NME etc) giving their opinion ‘oh Wilson’s just jumping on the uk hiphop bandwagon’

didnt see it yet as i taped it but its nice to see the culture show cover a non-rock band in their music section at least.

DJL

i'm joking
Yeah I saw that. Lol'd when it was revealed Tony Wilson's new act is Grime.
Guy has got a good ear. Like he said "I don't know much but I can work out when an artist is performing because he has to and not because of wanting to be famous etc."

The press comments at the end just confirmed perceptions of the exisitng music press. Hope they all die soon.