reggaeton vinyl

hint

party record with a siren
I'm a big big fan of juno... they're completely neutral and incredibly efficient - they seem to just stock everything, from scouse house to crunk, and you can order as late as 4pm and have your records the next day.

I check turntable lab for reggaeton. haven't heard any releases that I particularly like yet, mind you, but I like to hear this stuff anyway. anybody got any recommendations that I could check out?

mms

sometimes
dominic said:
is that from liverpool?

you remember that big fat ugly bouncer like guy tenderl singing about pretty green eyes a few years ago on totp over an early 90's trance backing, that's scouse house.
funny old thing, the spirit of cream is still haunting the ballroom.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
those reggaeton traxx 12s are total vfm. i've got every single one. they're like £3 in new york, if you can find 'em. latino pride by Lil Cee, DJ Skribble & DJ Sal Parm on #11 is a corker of a track... mixes perfectly with black chiney's kopa riddim (kardi's kill di dance and vybz's for seasons, especially) because it cops most of its backing from it. good to see this coming over here at last. i keep getting slammed with import tax by customs when i order it from the states.

mms

sometimes
stelfox said:
those reggaeton traxx 12s are total vfm. i've got every single one. they're like £3 in new york, if you can find 'em. latino pride by Lil Cee, DJ Skribble & DJ Sal Parm on #11 is a corker of a track... mixes perfectly with black chiney's kopa riddim (kardi's kill di dance and vybz's for seasons, especially) because it cops most of its backing from it. good to see this coming over here at last. i keep getting slammed with import tax by customs when i order it from the states.

yeah i got a couple of em the other day from juno and latino pride was the standout even tho it's atypical, (it's mostly in english for a start) i only liked some of the tracks, some are a bit too singalong for my taste, although its a crap word a bit 'cheesy'.

hint

hmmm... the instrumental of the remix of coca cola shape by sasha sounds good

stelfox

Beast of Burden
nothing to do with simpleton - it's a rerub of the bookshelf riddim (sexy body by sasha, deport them by sean paul etc). the vocal has fatman scoop (or someone equally in need of adenoid surgery) yelling inbetween sashas vocals from sexy body. it's a bit knickers. the beat is good, though, and it's used much better on the remix of sexy body featuring ivy queen.
mms, cheesy and singalong is good in this context, i think.

believekevin

i second the reggaeton traxxx bootlegs.. seriously great. i've also been getting them from turntablelab.com

are DJs in puerto rico all spinning CDs ?

hint

aaahhh... so simpleton is a producer? thought you were passing judgement on my music taste mms ;)

god, I really know zilch about dancehall... gonna save that initiation for a rainy month

stelfox

Beast of Burden
no, simpleton is and old 80s/90s deejay (mc) died last year, i believe. head off and dld coca cola bottle shape. it's a total classic.

gabriel

The Heatwave
really you should buy it, available on 7" on the colin fat label from most decent reggae/dancehall shops online and on the streets...