Beat Camp (P-Jam, D'Explicit and co) on 1xtra 09/03/05

Long time no Dissensus post. Anyway I dont know if anyone caught this show but it was Richie 'Vibe' Vee on wednesday. Beat Camp were the guests - for those of you that don't know they are a collective of producers and one DJ. Main people in the camp are P-Jam from Dice Recordings and D'Explicit who made Forward Riddim, No and others now.

I know this is long but seriously jus listen to the show - some of the P-Jam tunes are amazing - only Terrah Danjah and the rest of Aftershock production are competing with him right now for me. Their part of the show begins at 1 hour 49 mins. Best tunes for me are 1:52 (P-Jam 'Casual'), 2:38 (P-Jam 'Suicide' the best one for me) and 2:40 (P-Jam 'Merc')

Heres the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/1xtra_aod.shtml?1xtra/blueprint_fri

Heres the tracklisting link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/tracklistings/richievee/richietracks.shtml

seriously ppl if your a fan of NUKG/garage/grime listen to this or could someone rip this cos I dont know how and they'll delete it soon!!!!!!!!!!

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
I ripped the whole show over the weekend actually. Just need to chop out the Beat Camp bit. I'll either upload it for tonight or tomorrow night.

Pearsall said:
I ripped the whole show over the weekend actually. Just need to chop out the Beat Camp bit. I'll either upload it for tonight or tomorrow night.

I hate to sound impatient but have you ripped it yet? Can you tell me how to do this aswell so I can do this myself?

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
No problem. I chopped it up to give people the option of listening to the interview or not and because they ran a news bulletin in the middle of the mix that I figured no one wanted to listen to.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I particularly like that last track, a Dexplicit hip hop track with the cheap synthy strings spiralling bombastically ever upwards. The same kind of epicness as Moroder's Scarface soundtrack. I remember hearing it once under some MCs, and they struggled to keep up with it as it kept changing to a higher key, and then again even higher. It ended up with some hysterical, breathless MCs spitting like Mickey Mouse. Well almost.

theo

pollymarchs 4 eva
It seems the 1xtra link doesn't point to the right show any more.

This week was an alias mix which is pretty good.

What is funny is when Richee Vibe does the top ten and wiley's morgue rmx is number 1. You can tell he doesn't want to play it, especially coz there is no vocal.

Last edited:
theo said:

What is funny is when Richee Vibe does the top ten and wiley's morgue rmx is number 1. You can tell he doesn't want to play it, especially coz there is no vocal.

look at pearsall's post in this post he's put up some MP3's of the show.

I was thinking that about Richie - he doesnt like nukg/garage/grime im sure but he's forced to play it. That must be annoying.

I CANT STAND ALIAS!!! All this secretive business aswell - arent they DJ Pelle and Nikkie S and Nyke?

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
theo said:

And it's a bootleg.

are you for real? Wiley must be fumin....seriously though this bootlegging nonsense has to stop. How are thing supposed to move forward? I mean someone even booted a gap in Kano's 'Mic Check'....

theo

pollymarchs 4 eva
How does that work? So the bootleg is number one in garage record sales? Thats got to hurt.

Yeah Richee Vibe V said something like 'remember this isn't our choice list, this is the actual top ten based on sales' and then there was the awkward couple of minutes where you really felt like he want to pull off the record. Haha that makes up for all the years they forced that gay rnb garage down our throats.