PDA

View Full Version : Search Weirdness

droid
27-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Not to add to Matt's woes (!) but the search facility is still banjaxed. You can search for post titles only - not the content of the post. Changing the search settings gives the same results everytime.

More worrying - a google site search doesn't do any better - in fact it shows no results at all!

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=cyU&as_q=reggae&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=www.dissensus.com&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=off

Im sure these are just teething problems but I thought it would be useful to flag the bugs now.

(BTW - does anyone have a link to that 'most poignant reggae tunes' (or whatever its called) thread.)

massrock
27-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I don't think google site search has ever turned anything up. Dissensus is de-indexed, robots off, or whatever it is, AFAIK.

massrock
27-01-2010, 03:38 PM
And stop moaning or he'll pull the plug! ;)

No, really, Matt, if you're reading, people only moan because they feel involved and value the site. Hope that's obvious, though of course it can be galling when you're putting the effort in behind da scenes.

droid
27-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Im not moaning. If I was upgrading the site Id want to know where the bugs are - simple as. Search is pretty vital after all.

Ive turned up dissensus threads loads of time on google btw.

massrock
27-01-2010, 03:49 PM
I know you weren't 'moaning', I was kidding. Just given the tweet and the message this morning about 'downgrading the board', I thought he might be getting a bit fed up with it all.

nomos
27-01-2010, 05:29 PM
spoke with matt and the uprgrade really mucked some things up. he's aware, just toiling quietly in the background.

nomos
03-02-2010, 05:07 PM
search works care of sufi :D