Staubsauger

Woebot

Excellent obscure "surrealist punk-funk" from Germany.

1984. 2nd LP "Deutschland Braucht Wieder Einen Neger".

Kind of like a NDW Floh De Cologne (ie emphasis not on music so much). Very little info online.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mistersloane

It's German for vacuum cleaner, I found out from googlin it and up came lots of images of vacuum cleaners. There need to be more vacuum cleaners in rock, I always liked that story of the Stooges using one mic-ed up on stage.

nochexxx

harco pronting
i like that track and the video is killer! are they always this electronic cos i wasn't expecting them to sound that techno?

massrock

You kid? I don't think that's the 'surrealist punk-funk' Staubsauger. Having said that maybe there is a link, does sound a lot like Jeans Team or something, the likes of which I suppose are a part of the NDW continuum.

IdleRich

IdleRich
That's a good track - I would prefer it if it went somewhere with the beat though.
What's with the Staubsauger two/three/whatever thing?

mistersloane

I dunno if it's the real deal or not, I did a quick search and that came up and I thought it was sweet, so posted it, mainly prompted by the fact that Woebot's thread was getting air and I thought it would be awful if now he's/they're/it's posting again that their first thread got air, so I posted something.

Plus I like vacuum cleaners.

Woebot

Well it is pretty darned obscure. No-one knowing anything about it is probably some kind of kudos.

Just listening to that Warning LP again.

The Doors (Part 1) = Michael Bundt meets Alpha 60.

You know that Warning! Awesome. It's a pretty great record. I suppose they are stylistic quite avant-garde....Daft Punk - MF Doom etc The men with masks! (as opposed to the men with eyeballs/parkas)

Woebot

I dunno if it's the real deal or not, I did a quick search and that came up and I thought it was sweet, so posted it, mainly prompted by the fact that Woebot's thread was getting air and I thought it would be awful if now he's/they're/it's posting again that their first thread got air, so I posted something.

Plus I like vacuum cleaners.

lol.

no most of my old threads got air :)

i didnt know it was a vacuum actually. thx.

i think it's quite good to post up some more diverse stuff in music cos its narrowed out a bit.

air is inevitable.

massrock

You know that Warning! Awesome. It's a pretty great record. I suppose they are stylistic quite avant-garde....Daft Punk - MF Doom etc The men with masks! (as opposed to the men with eyeballs/parkas)
Cor.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>