Calling The Hip-Hop Anti Pop Consortium

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Enjoying Tragic Epilogue again after not listening for ages.

Can any of you recommend something simliar? I'm not up on that scene.

Thanks

urbanite

subnoto
The solo material from all the members would be a start I guess...

Beans' solo albums were really good... not so sure about Airborn Audio, and H.Priest output though...

Arrhythmia obviously...

It's a bit hard to recommend anything, unless you tell us how far back you stopped listening to this kinda thing?

Nephlim Modulation Systems, Bigg Jus - Black Mamba Serums vol.1 & 2, also were big for me at the time of the release.

The whole early part of the Definitive Jux catalog, is worth taking a look at for the quirky funk / weird rhyming / strange synths thing. Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth LP, should be good. Cannibal Ox.

Then there is also the whole Daelek side of discordant industrial noise hip-hop...

connect_icut

Antipop Consortium - Arrhythmia

My second favourite album of the Noughties.

Also:
Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus
Madvillain - Madvillainy
Sole - Bottle of Humans
Sonic Sum - The Sanity Annex
Themselves - The No Music

And maybe:
Aesop Rock - Labor Days
Atmosphere - Lucy Ford
Deep Puddle Dynamics - The Tasts of Rain
Mike Ladd - Welcome to the Afterfuture

Oh and here are my two remixes of "Reflections" from the new APC album:

http://bubblegumcage3.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/02-apc-meets-fairport-convention-upcountry.mp3

http://bubblegumcage3.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/01-reflections-connect_icut-remix.mp3

atoga

m. sayyid's mixtape is very good

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

see also the mixtapes they did as airborn audio (a lot better than the album), the 12"s they released on sound-ink, things done under dj raedawn's aliases, etc.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Much appreciated.

I've heard some of what might be called the 'alternative' hip-hop' stuff, therefore some of the names mentioned, but not all by a long way.

APC seemed unique to me at the time - the music and the intelligence of the lyrics. I'm not interested in egotistical bragging or gangsterism, just anyone you think can match the high standards set by APC.

Cheers.

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Before Tragic Epilogue the members of APC did an album with DJ Vadim as The Isolationist (artist name). If you like Tragic Epilogue you might like that.

connect_icut

Before Tragic Epilogue the members of APC did an album with DJ Vadim as The Isolationist (artist name). If you like Tragic Epilogue you might like that.

Weren't they (along with Vadim) also on the first album Kevin Martin did as The Bug (Tapping the Conversation)? I could be wrong.