My Aunty Kate

craner

Beast of Burden
once took me for lunch to an Italian cafe in Soho.

Isn't she fantastic.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

craner

Beast of Burden
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

craner

Beast of Burden

craner

Beast of Burden

connect_icut

How I love her. And how I wish you could get the Whole Story video collection on DVD. What's up with that, anyway?

craner

Beast of Burden

craner

Beast of Burden

craner

Beast of Burden

craner

Beast of Burden

jenks

thread death
Keep up the good work Craner - if you can have a word and ask for a little speedier follow up to Ariel...

There is not a Kate Bush album I do not love - second side of Hounds is maybe the most perfect slab of vinyl I own.

I could, and have, raved about the marvellousness of her.

I cannot think of many female artists that have an almost universal approval amongst both the broadsheets and the blogosphere. (although Sade's return is proving very popular)

I love those tracks where you sings with the Bulgarian women - sorry forgot their names...i even forgive her Lenny Henry and Rolf Harris.

craner

Beast of Burden
And why she's so great...her 2 best albums (The Dreaming and Hounds of Love) she wrote and produced herself...even more: one in reaction to the other. I mean,The Dreaming bombed, so she took some time off, fell in love, that ended badly, so she made a single ('Runniing Up That Hill') and everyone was writing her off...

and then

critical smash & chart topper

most satisfying and justified comeback smash ever?

I love her.

connect_icut

And why she's so great...her 2 best albums (The Dreaming and Hounds of Love) she wrote and produced herself...

I made this point on my blawg recently. Kate is usually best when left to her own devices. A lot of her records are blighted by slick session musicians' chops - you have to listen past all that guff to hear the core of Kate-ness. Her best material is the most stripped down, self-reliant stuff - which is why Hounds of Love is her best album (and my ninth favourite album of all time).

Now, about getting The Whole Story on DVD...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

She is.

Trivia question - name a pub in London that has 'The Dreaming' on the jukebox.

Benny Bunter

Oh man, 'Pull out the pin' is so brilliant. Must listen to 'The Dreaming' right now before I go to bed. Rolf Harris guest-slot!