MC Purple - info anyone?

appleblim

anyone else check this guy out at Run The Road?

the afro, the beard, the inside out tracksuit, the bare feet (or sandals, i forget).....sippin on water....

this dude had ATTITUDE....took his time, closed his eyes, felt the riddems, no aggresiveness, seemed really calm...then let flow with his bars.....effin amazin....he was a real revelation...seemed to be comin from a different place to the other MCs....

i know he's part of Renegade Boys, and he spat on an Estwood and Oddz track, 'yr not original'......any more info anyone?

minikomi

pu1.pu2.wav.noi
Carmen&MCpurple.jpg

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
He's generally an extremely well respected MC isn't he, the MC's MC (perhaps a curse?!). But he is at his best breathtakingly good. Yet the singles he's released so far have been rather piss-poor "retro" or "conscious" efforts. He's got that new one Chinese Whispers I think, that's rather good.

He looks like a Yoga guru, doesn't he?

Has anyone got The Interview, the Renegade Boys mixtape CD? Any good?

Apparently MC Purple was supposed to be doing a guest vocal on a track called 'Smart Bomb' on the forthcoming Vex'd album, but they couldn't get a good performance out of him! So they used Bristolian Hip-Hop crew Foreign Beggers instead.

ThinKing

Nick Gutterbreakz said:
Apparently MC Purple was supposed to be doing a guest vocal on a track called 'Smart Bomb' on the forthcoming Vex'd album, but they couldn't get a good performance out of him! So they used Bristolian Hip-Hop crew Foreign Beggers instead.

Nah Foreign Beggars are from London dude, they did a great vocal version of Canyon (Subtext 001) that never saw the light of day.

Back on topic, Purple is a bad boy MC, I prefer his style to most others..

jeffthedeaf

Purple is really the thinking man's MC, good deep lyrics (though I have heard his content go a bit too "west" at times with talk of abuse). I think when he finds the balance between catchy and deep lyrics then he'll definately find more acceptance across the board. Personally I'm a big fan, rare individual personality if you ask me.

Red Rooster

I was extremely impressed with this guy when I heard him on the John Peel grime party.

He is very talented - Luka that reply was total waste, yet a few of us will have come to expect such profanity from yourself after you stated "Rinse FM is nothing without Roll Deep".