mephedrone

massrock

It sounds good, like it would go well with some stoner metal or something.

But honestly I (I mean someone I met) would rather go with something with a bit more of a history of human abuse, like say MDMA.

You read up on erowid, yes?

grizzleb

Heard it is pretty similar. I'm not into class A's anymore - they make me feel insane - but I would probably try this if I wanted to get pilled up.

Immryr

it's alright. it makes you feel high definitely - much more chatty and all that kind of stuff. it doesn't really have anything like as much of a euphoric feel as mdma or good pills though, which is the best thing about mdma. what's bad about it's omnipresence is now when you're buying any powder based upper type drug you could be getting majorly fobbed off with this stuff.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
what's bad about it's omnipresence is now when you're buying any powder based upper type drug you could be getting majorly fobbed off with this stuff.

True - but at least mephedrone is guaranteed to actually do something, unlike the majority of, ahem, "cocaine" sold in this country.

It's fun stuff, but I fear it's officially 'over' - one of my housemates buys NME and there was a big article in it about mephedrone last month.

Not quite sure what this thread is doing in 'Nature'...pssst, it's not really 'plant food'... :)

BareBones

wheezy
yeah there was a centre-pages article about it in the metro yesterday. my brain (worryingly?) interpreted it as a big promotion.

the only horror stories on erowid seem to be people that have eg either snorted like 5 grams in an hour or used it continuously over days. and they're not really horror stories, just stuff like "i threw up and felt like shit".

david nutt recommends sticking to pills too massrock

four_five_one

Infinition
Seems to be the most popular recreational club drug now, judging by the amount of people 'bombing' it in rizlas last time I went out.

None of my friends that have tried it think it's anywhere near as good as proper MDMA or a good pill, but it definitely 'does something'. Someone told me that if you buy pills now, they're very likely to be mephedrone anyway, not E. Don't know if that's true, but if it is, it's probably just better buying the pure stuff anyway, surely? Least you know what you're getting.

S

simon silverdollar

me and my friends did this quite a bit at bestival last year. it's nice - like mdma, but with none of the emotional elements. no sense of oneness with the world and all that funny business - but music and dancing is great. gave me mad memory loss though - seeing the photos afterwards was like the final scene in The Hangover.

nomadthethird

more issues than Time mag
As is methamphetamine!

All these compounds are very similar, chemically. An oxygen here, a methyl group there...

Check out the structures of mephedrone and methamphetamine.

The difference is that methamphetamine gives you a good serotonin/dopamine surge. Mephedrone mostly just raises your BP/heart rate...

Tho I haven't tried it just going by the chemical structure...

swears

preppy-kei
yeah there was a centre-pages article about it in the metro yesterday. my brain (worryingly?) interpreted it as a big promotion.

Few years back The Liverpool Echo had a headline "TWO ECSTACY PILLS FOR A FIVER" demonstrating how cheap E had become and therefore a danger to kids, more ODs, etc. For two seconds tho, I was like "Are they doing a voucher deal or something, like when you get a soup with your pasty at Sayers?"