the unsexy Stock, Hausen & Walkman

woops

is not like other people
Funny to see these lot mentioned on Woebot's blog.

They were doing a lot at one point, lofi sample cut up semi-pop, made from easy listening trash on their LP Organ Transplants. They also released oddities like the Buy Me / Sue Me 7", which is 50 or so locked grooves, each one a plunderphony of someone singing the word 'me'.

A little birdie told me that they broke up after one member bought the other a computer for a present. The recipient was on the train when someone nicked the monitor. As Stock / Hausen / Walkman gave chase someone else jacked the tower. True or scurrilous rumour?

After they broke up Andrew Sharpley got more onto improv - the kind where everybody uses their proper name - while Matt Wand did some very good exotica-style releases as Small Rocks and another top 3" CD documenting an installation he did where 30 Game Boys played at the same time.

They've been a bit quiet lately, or maybe I've just been sleeping?

grizzleb

I only just recently found out about Stock, Hausen and Walkman off a Jan Jelinek mix (great name btw), and their stuff is great in bits and not so good in others. I love the eclecticism without trying too hard, and some quality experimental shit. I much prefer the exotica-lounge style stuff to their harder shit though.

Going to need to check out some of that solo stuff...Cheers!

PeteUM

It's all grist
I was pleased to get a gig with Matt Wand once and then he never showed up. Story of my life (of little interest to others, yet relevant to me). I think he had flu or something.