ambrose

hey distinction

did u reach newham generals a couple of weeks ago

im leeds 2.........

thats why i bug u on msn

might be playing sum grime down the packhorse, 12th april

but will prob be playing house instead

DJ-Distinction

Easy all, good to see some heads from my home city reppin' on here!

What sort of vibe are you all on?

Im on the Grime & Dubstep tip myself.

Big Up!

matt b

Indexing all opinion
DJ-Distinction said:
Leeds is the UK!

yes i know, but your writing style suggested that you may be a gangsta from NY, so i got confused. ;)

DJ-Distinction said:
So what parts of Leeds are people from?

the ruff side of ilkley, ya get me?

DJ-Distinction

matt b said:
yes i know, but your writing style suggested that you may be a gangsta from NY, so i got confused. ;)

the ruff side of ilkley, ya get me?

Not sure what part of my post suggested I was a gangster from NY? :confused:
All that fresh air up on Ilkley Moor must of done something to your brain :D

Im from Leeds 16. I have been up Otley a few times but there isnt much to do up that way in comparison to where I live so I tend not to stray that far out.

Didnt know there was any Grime fans in Otley though! Big Up !

matt b

Indexing all opinion
DJ-Distinction said:
Not sure what part of my post suggested I was a gangster from NY?
All that fresh air up on Ilkley Moor must of done something to your brain :D !

possibly the 'good to see some heads from my home city reppin' on here!' and the replies, but i was only joking.

DJ-Distinction said:
I have been up Otley a few times but there isnt much to do up that way in comparison to where I live so I tend not to stray that far out. Didnt know there was any Grime fans in Otley though! Big Up !

i used to live in chapel allerton but got out when you couldn't move for trendy bars and 4x4s. otley/ilkley are rather different to the places i've lived in for the past 15 years.

i am no expert in grime, but i like a lot of what i've heard. prefer wizzbit to be honest.

Noah Baby Food

I live in Burley, opposite YTV (where I work, for my sins). Used to live in New Wortley for a bit, in a proper grimey council tower block, full of mentally ill people and bagheads shooting up in the stairwells. Also, was in a band called Baby Food, kinda electro-punk shizzle, although we've just split up (if anyone's arsed, go to www.baby-food.org and you can DL our tunes on a posthumous tip...we were in Dazed & Confused and everything..hehe). Now doing a project called Yes Boss. Do bits of writing...column in Sandman, used to work for Leeds Guide too. Loving grime, indeed have always loved new, exciting music. Was raving back in 1990, used to be into hardcore punk etc, prolly similar musical history to a lot of cats on here.

Leeds though....daaaaamn. It's all bassline house or really shit indie...well there is good stuff happening here, but there's a lot of sheep mentality going on...get me?

anyway, nuff of the life story. Hi everyone.

tox

Factory Girl
ambrose said:
hey distinction

did u reach newham generals a couple of weeks ago

i'm studying here in leeds - live in mighty birmingham the rest of the time.

went to that newham generals the other week - big set and spoke to d double after.

looks like there's a growing scene round here. any leeds heads, feel free to add me to your msn: pleaseleaveamessage@thesoundofthebeep.co.uk

originaldrum

from start till done
Noah Baby Food said:
Leeds though....daaaaamn. It's all bassline house or really shit indie...well there is good stuff happening here, but there's a lot of sheep mentality going on...get me?

when i was living in leeds it was all about iration steppas - west indian centre would have surely suffered from some structural damage by now! huge b-lines

i lived in ls6 for near two years or so, anyone here from hydepark, little london, chapel town, hare hills?

DJ-Distinction

Sub Dub is the place to be!

I know Simon Scott and Mark Iration well. I have been getting few Dubstep bits in for Si down at Tribe Records. Got all three of the DMZ releases in there and they selling wicked so that shows there is an interest out there. I just got to keep up the education & stay consistant with it!

I'm playing down at The Faversham on 18th April for a Charity event me and some others from college have organised so if you want to hear the very very latest beats from the likes of Mark One, Oris Jay, Loefah, N Type, Macabre Unit and loads more fresh material I suggest you get down there! It's going to be a strictly educational set so expect the freshest DJ & selection up North! You have been warned!