dubstep is bad

woops

is not like other people
ok i'll do the hat trick
but dubstep's just fucking rubbish isn't it.
The day I heard my first Dubstep tune my eyes glazed over and they're still.

woops

is not like other people
i should probably expand on this... everything is boring but dubstep is extra boring.
It's the worst parts of boring beats, boring bass personified
You could put an MC on it and have something better

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

I've massively lost interest in dubstep in the last year or so and I've now gone almost completely over to Funky. Haven't bought any dubstep records for ages and in fact the only thing that's really blew me away recently was that old Hatcha mix that Blackdown upped on his blog a while ago. Certainly, I don't think Skream and Benga have done anything since thats been as good as those early pre-halfstep tracks, (production values aside perhaps). In fact, you could argue the case that Dubstep 'proper' started to go downhill after Midnight Request Line hit, when you compare it to the early minimal, techy tunes on that Hatcha set.

Dubstep on pirate radio is a lot less interesting to listen to than good Grime or Funky sets too, so I think thats partly why I've lost interest.

I suppose I've come to realise that my love affairs with Grime and Funky will last much longer and run much deeper than with Dubstep in the end. We've already drifted apart...

Benny Bunter

I should probably say that I still enjoy Ramadanman, Zomby, Joker, Mala, Hyperdub and a few others so its not all bad. But most stuff just tends to wash over me nowadays. Its gone stale.

woops

is not like other people
No I will verify this.
funky house is 4/4 all day, it's the less interesting thing
I can't tell if I'm trolling I don't know were I am

nop3

I should probably say that I still enjoy Ramadanman, Zomby, Joker, Mala, Hyperdub and a few others so its not all bad. But most stuff just tends to wash over me nowadays. Its gone stale.

I would have to agree with this, much of the music that is being titled as Dubstep now is just wobbly electro. If you are to listen to dubstep i would say that Hyperdub artists are the the artists to listen to!:D

alex

Do not read this.
It says a lot for the genre that its best tunes have been made by drum and bass artists on their day off.

have a day off, that is one of the worst post's I have ever seen anywhere on a music forum.

although if you were joking it could be the exact opposite.

mixed_biscuits

For top choons that are well-produced, well-composed and catchy, it's got to be Chase and Status all the way. Running is a masterpiece mash-up of 80s cheese and juddering midrange; Eastern Jam so good that even Snoop couldn't pimp it up any further. They've gone a long way to making dubstep semi-popular and every fan of the genre owes them thanks.