Hoon /Hewit/Byers out of Labour...?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
can't believe i've missed all this in the news over the past few days. Labour have got to be fucked after this, surely? What with evil Baby Cameron on the way too.... :eek:

craner

Beast of Burden
And George Osbourne is Master of Ceremonies? I dunno, man, we're heading for destruction any which way. This is scary stuff. I still hold a Labour badge, a card in my pocket, but I won't be stumping, I'll be shivering.

crackerjack

Poetic justice, of course, that they're the archest of blairites.

I was mulling on this when Blair said he was focusing his 'faith organisation' on America, where there's already a surfeit of religion but tons of cash, rather than the uk, where there's hardly any money in god. This makes a much neater final chapter.

crackerjack

And George Osbourne is Master of Ceremonies? I dunno, man, we're heading for destruction any which way. This is scary stuff. I still hold a Labour badge, a card in my pocket, but I won't be stumping, I'll be shivering.

So do I, but the damage was done by the story on Sunday. What else could the leadership do?

crackerjack

I couldn'tface watchng the programme - anyone see it? They're saying it was a post-election offer. But their access isn't worth shit come may

crackerjack

good. fucking can't stand hewitt. so patronising.

interesting that all of these are anti-brown.

Maybe, but the impetus has come from below - Brown clearly just wanted to ignore this.

I find Hoon almost compulsively banal. He should've been laughed out of politics when he claimed, as defence minister, that he didn't know about the Standard's 45-minute claim cos he was out of town for the day. But no one could bring themselves to care. He hung around by saying nothing and offending no one; then, when his game was up, turned into a snake.

DannyL

Wild Horses
The only thing that puzzles me about it is that it seems so much business as usual...it's the type of thing that Private Eye seem to mention every other day. I still was holding out hope against a Tory victory or majority but this seems to be a nailin that coffin.

crackerjack

The only thing that puzzles me about it is that it seems so much business as usual...it's the type of thing that Private Eye seem to mention every other day. I still was holding out hope against a Tory victory or majority but this seems to be a nailin that coffin.

true, but PE just trace patterns of interest and friendship etc and invite you to draw your own conclusions. C4 caught a former cabinet minister calling himself a taxi for hire. Labour urgently need a spell in opposition - just the country doesn't need those Tory numpties running it.

don_quixote

Trent End
come on hung parliament

i'm really distressed by the fact my vote simply doesn't count. why is this not more of an issue? surely for the majority of the people in this country it absolutely doesn't matter who they vote for, nothing changes? i can vote labour all i want round here but the simple fact is a tory will get elected again. yet nothing gets done about it. my vote is essentially worthless.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
come on hung parliament

i'm really distressed by the fact my vote simply doesn't count. why is this not more of an issue? surely for the majority of the people in this country it absolutely doesn't matter who they vote for, nothing changes? i can vote labour all i want round here but the simple fact is a tory will get elected again. yet nothing gets done about it. my vote is essentially worthless.

That's where a spolied ballot comes in, surely, it still gets counted.