Roska!Roska!Roska!Roska!Rosk- ugh, just stop!

MatthewH

makes strange noises.
Just listening to the Roska MAH mix on the Beeb website. Anyone else annoyed with the amount of "Roska!"s that he throws in?

Does he think his sound is so bland and generic that he has to constantly remind people who's playing, lest they forget?

It's funny - the beginning of that mix even has a bit of random hate to the people that are using his rhythms and even his same drum kits.

Um... maybe... he uses sounds that are freely available to everybody, then doesn't make them sound different at all? Making him as guilty of laziness as the biters are of biting.

Just sayin' is all.

Matthew

Ory

warp drive
roska's overall sound is very unique. don't know who these biters are that he keeps referring to though.

franz

i'll take it over the crazy cousins' one.

but in fairness it was way cooler when i heard it on that untold remix for the very first time.

Benny Bunter

This is a daft thread. Its standard practice to have signatures in your tunes.

Saw Roska play the other night in Newcastle and was delighted at the reception he got. Can't help feeling cynical about his forthcoming album though. Its almost sure to be a disappointment isn't it?

grizzleb

I'm looking forward to his album, it got a poor write-up in this month's WIRE though. Need to wait and see. I love all his stuff up to now though.
The roskaroskaroska tag I like, but I suppose it can get tedious. I've caught myself chanting it when steaming having conversations about him before.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Can't help feeling cynical about his forthcoming album though. Its almost sure to be a disappointment isn't it?

Well we'll have to wait and see obv, but I do hope it's not all stuff along the same lines as Squark - thought that one was a wee bit rubbish tbh.

I think I've posted before that I'm quite partial to his producer-signature thing. My fave use of it is prob from his remix of Fingaprint's The Print way back when.

franz

it's a fairly common thing these days... when do you figure it started?

can't think of one that i like more than Terror Danjah's...

edit:

just listening to Marcus' most recent Rinse set... totally did not realize that that track with the "i need it i need it" vocal was Roska... for the longest time i was just assuming it was Deep Tecknologi... it's been floating around for a long time now, but i'm glad to see it having a bit of a surge. the vocal is great.

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
it's a fairly common thing these days... when do you figure it started?

can't think of one that i like more than Terror Danjah's...

edit:

just listening to Marcus' most recent Rinse set... totally did not realize that that track with the "i need it i need it" vocal was Roska... for the longest time i was just assuming it was Deep Tecknologi... it's been floating around for a long time now, but i'm glad to see it having a bit of a surge. the vocal is great.

thats the next single

hopper

This is a daft thread. Its standard practice to have signatures in your tunes.

Saw Roska play the other night in Newcastle and was delighted at the reception he got. Can't help feeling cynical about his forthcoming album though. Its almost sure to be a disappointment isn't it?

How was that deviate? I'm up at uni in Newcastle, but just missed it cos I went home. Would have really liked to catch roska