Glastonbury 2010...

gumdrops

snoops performance on live 8 a few years back was hilarious/legendary. if he does that again i think itll go down ok. surprised they dont get any old hip hop acts, like PE or ice cube or someone. im sure the glasto crowd would love the chance to do the 'fuck you ice cube!' call and response.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I love Glastonbury. Not for the big acts on the main stage, which is nearly always shite, but for the total small scale randonmness that goes on. The Ciircus field is fucking brilliant, for instance. Haven't been for several years but would happily go again, without thinking twice.

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
actually, I was unfair - there's some decent hiphop on some of the stages in the Dance Village.

Yeh, never seen Snoop live and he might get away with it, but the Glastonbury punters who go to the main stage, plonk themselves down with a coolbox, a blanket and a shit hat for 3 days may not warm to him like they did Jay-Z. Fingers crossed, it'll be fun either way :)

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
do people at glasto smoke weed?

haha that's what I was thinking. Seems like a match made in heaven to me.
If you've been sitting around in the mud smoking weed for three days and then Snoop Dogg hits the stage and you aren't feeling it you should really give your dealer a ring and demand a refund.

sufi

lala
.. I'm guessing Dissensus isn't exactly a key Glastonbury audience? :D
yer east pilton dissensus massive will be on site this year as usual - my first glasters was 1990, and i didnt return til 2005 by which time it was almost unrecognisable, but it's still all about getting in for nothin and laughing at the ernest paying punters (aka the randoms) rushing about to get their money's worth of 'bands'...
stuff i still like is shouting loud congratulations at people pissing in the hedge "wahey he's having a wee!", and the generally nutty atmosphere, but i miss the 'ash fer cash' mad max atmosphere when they used to allow travellers in

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
to be fair, most of the old traveller crew do get in, but by throwing their lot in with Lost Vagueness, the Mutoids etc. You still see a lot of the old crowd, they've just had to be more inventive

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I saw Snoop at Exit a few years ago, was hilarious.

''Nah nah nahhh nahhh Nah nah nahh nahh HEY HEY HEYY - SNOOP DOGG!''

I went to glastonbury about five times in a row from the age of 18 but I haven't been for a few years now. Can't really afford it, none of my mates go there... Freerotation and Bestival this year.

I want to go to more foreign festivals but I need to save up some cash first.

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
you may well laugh, but I can't wait to celebrate the fact that I'm off the SSRIs by necking a handful of pills for the LCD Soundsytem / Orbital finale on the Sunday...

blacklay

you may well laugh, but I can't wait to celebrate the fact that I'm off the SSRIs by necking a handful of pills for the LCD Soundsytem / Orbital finale on the Sunday...

Saw LCD last weekend but with only a handfull of my friends who are coming to glastonbury. Now i'm really looking forward to it as they were very good. i think i may then join the crazy rush over to mr Wonder.

Snoop will be brilliant.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I want to go to more foreign festivals but I need to save up some cash first.

really recommend Benicassim - best atmosphere in terms of general laidback-ness of any festival I've been to. Saw amazing performances from Dan Treacy, Lykke Li and, yes, Mr Doherty last year. Sadly don't remember Aeroplane.

Plus IT'S SUNNY ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!

4linehaiku

Repetitive
Seems like I will be there also, helping run a venue in Shangri La. Should be good fun, even if there's no music I want to see.

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
I'd find it hard to believe there's NOTHING on the whole bill that appeals?

Shangri La will be fun anyway - my mate's running the backstage bar so I should be playing up there at some point

hint

party record with a siren
I'm going to be DJing between acts on the West Holts stage all day Saturday, as well as one or two other places. Excited (and scared).

Last edited: