PDA

View Full Version : Firefox query driving me nuts

martin
16-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Right, I've got Safari and Firefox installed on OSX Leopard. Firefox is better for handling Flash sites. Only problem is my Firefox (3.6.3, latest version) seems to be really temperamental - some days it works fine, others I just get a blank page, with the message 'Done' and typing in direct URLs does nothing.

I've asked around with people I know, trashed it and reinstalled twice, and it's the same pattern - works fine one day, does nothing the next. Once it's down, it seems to be down for 24 hours, which sounds insane, but that's the way it goes. I don't have any firewalls blocking it, no add-ons or extensions (that I know of)...so anybody here got a clue? Any advice would be extremely appreciated

sufi
16-04-2010, 09:00 PM
http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/browsers.jpg

Dr Awesome
17-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Right, I've got Safari and Firefox installed on OSX Leopard. Firefox is better for handling Flash sites. Only problem is my Firefox (3.6.3, latest version) seems to be really temperamental - some days it works fine, others I just get a blank page, with the message 'Done' and typing in direct URLs does nothing.

I've asked around with people I know, trashed it and reinstalled twice, and it's the same pattern - works fine one day, does nothing the next. Once it's down, it seems to be down for 24 hours, which sounds insane, but that's the way it goes. I don't have any firewalls blocking it, no add-ons or extensions (that I know of)...so anybody here got a clue? Any advice would be extremely appreciated

Checked it's not set to "Work Offline"? Under it's the File options.
Failing that buy a mac.... wait.

Sectionfive
16-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Had to reinstall firefox and I lost all the bookmarks.
Having no luck so far restoring them ?

Windows7

stevied
14-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Try the Beta of Firefox 4. It's much better...

Mr. Tea
09-03-2011, 08:10 PM
OK, is anyone else finding that FF v3.6.15 crashes pretty often when you've got multiple tabs open? Or is it just me? :(

Time to check out that v4 beta, maybe.

cobretti
11-03-2011, 03:57 PM
OK, is anyone else finding that FF v3.6.15 crashes pretty often when you've got multiple tabs open? Or is it just me? :(

Time to check out that v4 beta, maybe.

It crashed on me a bunch of times last week using Veetle to stream some football but I haven't had any problems when I'm not running any flash video or anything, and I'm a pretty bad for opening a shitload of tabs at once. Try deactivating any plugins/add ons that you reckon could be causing problems.