Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • No-one

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters

crackerjack

Close the ballot box, it's a landslide.

I think you should add a few options more than just other. I'd hate to harbour doubts that all the Dissensus Greens are really BNP.

Woebot

Close the ballot box, it's a landslide.

I think you should add a few options more than just other. I'd hate to harbour doubts that all the Dissensus Greens are really BNP.

hmm. i dunno actually. let's keep it simple. if anyone is going to vote for something else (ie they put "other" then they can say who in the thread)

me i detest the conservatives. i don't hate labour so much. i dislike nick clegg but for me it's a local issue and so it's going to have to be lib dems. if i vote labour (our only alternative in islington) i'd be throwing away three years of grassroots campaigning - essentially bashing the lib dems (tho sometimes in fairness to them it's more productive than that).

grizzleb

Lib Dem. Would have voted SNP if they were the second biggest party in my constituency, but the Lib Dems won out. Fuck the tories basically innit.

crackerjack

Fuck the tories basically innit.

By voting for a party who'll form a coalition with them?
Mr Clegg refused to say which party he would back in the event of a hung parliament, keeping to his line that the party with the most seats would be the winner, even though the electoral system means that Labour could come third in the popular vote and still gain the largest share of seats.

He added: “It would be preposterous for Gordon Brown to end up like some squatter in No 10 because of some constitutional nicety.”

At a press conference this morning, however, Mr Clegg appeared subtly to change his position, suggesting that it was not just the number of seats that determined the outcome of the election.

“I have always said I think the party with the most votes and seats, even if it doesn’t have an outright majority, has got a clear mandate to seek to govern, either on its own or with other parties,” he said.

This has been the first in my series OMFG! Clegg's a Tory

john eden

male pale and stale
"other" or "no-one".

But as I live in a safe seat for Labour my vote basically counts for fuck all anyway.

grizzleb

I dunno, I'm pretty sceptical of the idea that the Lib Dems would actually form a coalition with the tories, I think they're just being vague in a pre-election stylee. Essentially I'd like to see it happen - at that point I could really start to feel apathetic about politics, and not just extremely apathetic as I do now.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i have been thinking how stupid some of the frothier Tory press are in attacking the Lib-Dems (obviously they must fear them), but Clegg's Orange Book economic liberalism has to be far more palatable to them than a wounded Labour w a lot of angry Old Labour backbenchers seeking more influence in the ruins of a smaller vote share, and you would think even Tory partisans as exceptionally witless as - say - Leo McKinstry in the Express would realise this and hitch their mast to the lesser of two evils (from his pov).

tbf to Clegg, there's no way a real red-tooth/claw Tory would come up with the amnesty for illegal migrants proposal, they are far too nasty and populist to show any humanity or sense on the issue other than what they think wins votes w Mail readers. (or the sub-£10k waged no tax.)

i saw an interview w Cameron this morning who said he got always got on well w Nick Clegg personally. i wonder if they would prefer their press to attack the L-Ds or the govt? (if they could only attack one at a time, i wonder which is the best from a Tory pov.)

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Cameron did have one good line tbf, something about unfortunately if you mix red and yellow as even my daughter will tell you, you get Brown. that appears to be the line of attack they have settled on, fingers crossed it lets them down...

crackerjack

i have been thinking how stupid some of the frothier Tory press are in attacking the Lib-Dems (obviously they must fear them), but Clegg's Orange Book economic liberalism has to be far more palatable to them than a wounded Labour w a lot of angry Old Labour backbenchers seeking more influence in the ruins of a smaller vote share, and you would think even Tory partisans as exceptionally witless as - say - Leo McKinstry in the Express would realise this and hitch their mast to the lesser of two evils (from his pov).

But surely most of the tabloid Tory press are social conservatives first, fiscal second (I'm guessing here, I don't read it, except occasionally thru my fingers). The LIb Dems tbf are pretty sound on social liberalism. It's just their economic/employment Toryism that scares me (minus St Vince, obv.)

grizzleb

On one level I'd kind of like to see the tories get in. I wasn't about for Thatcher/John Major so I've never really known a Tory government. I reckon they would be good fun to hate as they be stealin ur milks etc. I think Dave Cameron would be amazing to hate.

hucks

Your Message Here
I live in a 3-way marginal, apparently. Poplar and Limehouse, a new constituency, including the super rich marina bit and the shitty poor bit, where I live. Galloway, the incumbent Labour MP and the Tories all fancy it. Woop!

crackerjack

On one level I'd kind of like to see the tories get in. I wasn't about for Thatcher/John Major so I've never really known a Tory government. I reckon they would be good fun to hate as they be stealin ur milks etc. I think Dave Cameron would be amazing to hate.

This is kinda like those baby boomers feeling guilty for missing the war

scottdisco

rip this joint please
But surely most of the tabloid Tory press are social conservatives first, fiscal second (I'm guessing here, I don't read it, except occasionally thru my fingers). The LIb Dems tbf are pretty sound on social liberalism. It's just their economic/employment Toryism that scares me (minus St Vince, obv.)

actually both in my experience, although the social conservatism naturally shouts louder, and whilst they sometimes also indulge in anti-banker populism at the end of the day their proposals are also always fiscally conservative (more confused than Donald Duck, they are). granted the L-Ds are sound on social liberalism, you would hope so though wouldn't you, it's the very least to expect to be frank... ...and heck, both L-Ds and Tories have sounded better than Labour on many civil libs issues of course.

P.S.
Tea: :p

scottdisco

rip this joint please
the social liberals in the L-Ds have the numbers in the party atm i believe but leadership positions appear to be more economically liberal. (which is a bit like a half decent analogy for the history of New Labour in truth.)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
In my ward, Labour had 46 per cent last time around, with the Greens in second place.

In the constituency, Lib Dems and Labour neck and neck.

vimothy

yurp
Not sure it is quite accurate to describe the Lib Dems as lining up with the Tories on economic issues. In general I think that the stuff that came out of that Spectator article on Clegg has mostly been bullshit, IMO. Most of the Orange Bookers I've come across have been advocates of fairly mainstream Keynesian policy (like Labour) and critical of Tory deficit fetishism.

That said, all three parties pay a decent amount of lip-service to reducing the deficit.