Ayia Napa - thoughts?

MatthewH

makes strange noises.
I did a search and didn't find a dedicated thread.

Has anyone here been to both Ibiza and Ayia Napa and can compare them?

Perhaps that's like asking if you've voted both BNP and Green.

I was in Ibiza in 2002 and 2003 - it was pretty good. There is definitely a certain "something", provided you avoid San Antonio at night.

I hadn't paid any attention to Ayia Napa for ages and read about it the other day as still being a hot spot. It got me curious. TBH I assumed that the fall of UKG had taken Ayia Napa down with it.

Matthew

tom lea

nah the funky lot still go there all the time, do boy better know still have a residency?

my still-kind-of-gf is working there and fucking hates it so far.

Last edited:

MatthewH

makes strange noises.
What kind of work is your gf doing there?

I remember it seemed more about flight & hotel package tour-type stuff, where you spend most of your time with the same people, from the same place as you. That always seemed like the least interesting of all the ways to travel.

Or, the way to learn the least about the place you're vacationing.

tom lea

I remember it seemed more about flight & hotel package tour-type stuff, where you spend most of your time with the same people, from the same place as you. That always seemed like the least interesting of all the ways to travel
yeah, i think that's how most ppl go there.

there's obviously the option to not do it that way tho, there's a lot of genuinely beautiful parts there. but the town/clubbing stuff just sounds like clapham on a saturday night.