Marking Up CDs?

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
quick query - we're going to be knocking out some mix CDs at our festival dates over the summer and I was wondering what the most cost effective way was to label them? I've got an inkjet printer that will print on blank CD faces, so that's the obvious option but am I missing a trick?

Can you, even, use regular Avery-style labels or would they come off in players?

Dusty

Tone deaf
Quite a few labels who produce CDr releases use a rubber stamp, not sure how much a custom one of those would cost but there seem to be plenty of websites offering the service.

BareBones

wheezy
i'd definitely recommend thermal printing onto the disc itself rather than putting a sticker/label on it as they can and will peel off in players and fuck everything up.

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
Cheers Dusty, i'll check that out.
Barebones - yeh, that's what I figured, despite a couple of people insisting it'd be fine (I didn't ever quite believe them)..

BareBones

wheezy
how many cds you making? pm me with details if you want, i can get decent thermal printing done at work, if it's a relatively small number.

Last edited:

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
ah, looking to make up 2-300 to be honest, and on a real budget too, we're looking to sell them for about £3 each..

I imagine a rubber stamp is the way forward, but cheers :)