I-Tunes update problems.

gostwan

Can anyone help me out here? My i-tunes has only gone and automatically updated to the latest version. When it prompt's me to do this I usually say no and tick "please do not ask me again" as this has in the past removed all files and playlists from the programme. And its gone and done it again, meaning that all my serato folders are gone as well. The last time this happened a few years back I managed to find a way to get the playlist data back but cant for the life of me find it now.

I'm ready to tear my hair out so any guidance is much apreciated. Sarky dont use i-tunes comments will not be welcomed.

massrock

I've tried to avoid recent updates as well as it seems to be mostly for iPad support.

Don't know about playlists but do you need to import our folders again? Bloody piece-of-sh**. I assume your actual files are still there?

polystyle

I hear you gostwan.
Like you , I have avoided the update prompts many times after hearing it would do exactly what happened to you ...

polystyle

or just use it for what it is - possibly the world's biggest retailer of music.

But seeing more ads and crap groups paraded when all one wants is to hear music,
well , *uck those new versions.

gostwan

Easy fix to this, took a bit of finding on the various techy forums. Pressing the option button whist opening i-tunes lets you choose which library to use. Worth exporting this file every now and again if like me you depend on your i-tunes folders for serato.