Portable Turntables

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
Anyone got any recommendations on portable turntables - ie amp built in, and possibly running on batteries as well (although with a mains option).

Playing at about 6-7 festivals this summer and fancy having a turntable back at our Canvas Palace Of Delights.

this one looks ok
I'd rather have some cute vintage Dansette style jobby, but decent ones seem to come in at twice the cost of the Numark (around £150 or so).

Any recommendations received gratefully

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've got the Columbia one which came out in the eighties or early nineties I think, cost about forty quid off ebay. Think they're a few of them around, my friend has two.
There's a picture here

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/MCfOcmFGvEg/0.jpg

Pretty nice I think, it runs on batteries and has pitch control and stuff but no mains lead.
The Fisher Price one is good but they're quite collectable, Soundburgers are the one that all the geeks go for.

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
ah, I figured the Fisher Price ones would just murder your vinyl... I'll check out all of these, cheers.

Various people elsewhere have convinced me that the Numark one I linked to above is total shit. :(

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
right. the Vestax arrives today - they've upgraded them to include a USB port now, which isn't that useful (i've got a soundcard with a phonostage anyway) but still..

So, off to Glastonbury on Tuesday, gonna rock the bell tent...