Somebody else was sucking my dick last night

IdleRich

IdleRich
by Fred Wolff Combo - anybody know what the story with this tune is? Rockabilly that sounds fairly authentic but presumably isn't - when did it come out and is it available on vinyl? Kinda like these hoax things and this is a good one I think. Unless it's real. In which case it's still good.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, I heard it on that mix and I've seen that comp but I can't find any record (in either sense) of the track apart from that. Most of the things on that comp are either well known tracks or well known artists going rude but this one stands out as neither.
This website seem to reckon it's a new track when they review that Dirty Blues thing:

Fred Wolff Combo - Somebody Else Was Sucking My Dick Last Night (MP3): I don't know anything about this band, but rumor has it that Brownsville Station leader Cub Koda was involved in this. It would not be a surprise, after all Cub also invented King Uszniewicz and the Uszniewicztones, together with a ridiculous backstory. (You can read more about this prank and listen to some MP3s on my other blog.)

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/03/smut_mp3s.html

They say the same thing here in fact

http://elvismarineteam.blogspot.com/2009/12/dr-boogie-strong-medicine-2.html

I'd like to believe it's real but I'd need to see something to suggest it exists on any album apart from those comps - what label it originally came out on for instance.

crackerjack

This website seem to reckon it's a new track when they review that Dirty Blues thing:

I got given a vinyl copy of that album more than 20 years ago, but I don't recall that being on it, which might lend weight to the idea that it's 'new'.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"hmm. let me have a snoop round."
That's what I was hoping you would say.
To me, if it wasn't made for that compilation it ought to exist in some form apart from that - maybe have traded on ebay or be mentioned in some rock n roll hall of fame or something. If the guys who made the comp have the track then they should be able to say what label it's on - or even if it never came out and they had access to a demo or something, it just seems that all sources for the tune go back to that compilation and there is no info there. Quite clever to put it on there with a load of "real" songs I guess.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"the other is a Bear Family comp (god, I love Bear Family!)"
Still from the same source though I'm afraid

(2006/BEAR FAMILY) 28 dirty and nasty Rhythm'n'Blues goodies, feat. recordings from the late 40s and early 50s plus the best output of the long deleted Zu Zazz CD "If It Ain't A Hit..."!
Think Zu Zazz is a subsidiary of Bear Family or something.

There's a rockabilly night in Oxford (of all places) called The Big Ten Inch I believe - wondered what that came from. Seems a bit strange to me though, surely, by definition, all things that are ten inches are the same size...

zhao

there are no accidents
who else would make a thread with such a title other than Brother Randy i ask you who else?