Sculpture/Tapebox

skull kid

i played a gig with them last friday. the music was pretty average imo but the visuals were a revelation. very psychedelic without pandering to cliched psychedelic tropes

skull kid

i did enjoy what the other guy was doing with tape, but the beats didn't work for me and became a bit intrusive. also suffered from too-much-electribe-delay-effect-syndrome. the ambient parts were best

nochexxx

harco pronting
Sculputre is the man! never understood why he remained underground all these years, it's not as though there's a lack of performances, he's never still. i always catch him in Cambs. coupled with the new visual collab, it's magical.

his last album is AWESOME.

nochexxx

harco pronting
should really hype the new Sculpture. it's on vinyl (otherworldly looking picture disk!) - the disc also generates visuals. i have yet to try this, but apparently it works (please don't quote me on this) by shining a bright lamp onto the record and filming (at a certain frame rate) the lp surface. this in return produces some kinda hypnotic 'zoetropic' imagery.

i've waited an eternity for this. lovely rich sounding beast - just as you'd expect from the master minitape manipulator, quite dubby, Dissevelt and Parl came to mind. out on Dekorder :cool:

046.jpg

audiofelch

should really hype the new Sculpture. it's on vinyl (otherworldly looking picture disk!) - the disc also generates visuals. i have yet to try this, but apparently it works (please don't quote me on this) by shining a bright lamp onto the record and filming (at a certain frame rate) the lp surface. this in return produces some kinda hypnotic 'zoetropic' imagery.

i've waited an eternity for this. lovely rich sounding beast - just as you'd expect from the master minitape manipulator, quite dubby, Dissevelt and Parl came to mind. out on Dekorder :cool:

046.jpg

fantastic. certainly going to pick this up.

mms

sometimes
the dude's been doing it on the london underground for ages and ages, great that dekorder have got involved - they go hand in hand as an artist and a label that are both unfairly overlooked.