Love king

stephenk

loving "veteran" and "sex intelligent remix" and the penny loafer powerballad acapella "sorry" on first listen. not sure if i love or loathe "florida university". probably needs some time to crawl inside my head, like the other two.

gumdrops

not heard it yet. i do like the dream and think hes capable of brilliance but he seems to willing to give in to his lazy/pandering side, hence so many of his truly awful lyrics.

luka

yamaha is amazing prince impersonation, the guitar solo in falsetto is pretty horrible but the song is good enough that i can ignore it. i like sex intelligent. turnt out is touchingly delicate.
theres not really any songs on the previous album i dont like. theres a few on this i dont like though. its more a mixed bag. the highlights are really good though. i like the epic ones, abyss, take care of me, all that stuff...

Last edited:

STN

sou'wester
I still buy CDs/vinyl from shops (couldn't really tell you why) and can't find this anywhere. It's out, is it not?

gumdrops

i think i like him better behind the boards/writing than as a star in his own right.
i just find him seriously unlikeable.

gumdrops

i dont get all the critical wankery over him.
hes ludicrous, which is actually ok, i dont mind that so much, but theres just something seriously *ropey* about him as a vocalist/lyricist. i wouldnt mind him being a shit singer if the lyrics were better. cos melodically, hes obv gifted. but where pharrell seemed to use NERD for stuff that wouldnt make it in his productions, dream seems to do the complete opposite. his own songs are for him to get stupider and dumber, like a chappelle skit of r kelly, just without the piss jokes.

gumdrops

justin beiber - baby>>>>most of the dreams own songs (also better lyrics)
:p

little kids absolutely LOVE that song.

STN

sou'wester
Call me a big fat ponytail wearing rockist, but I quite like the fact that his voice is a bit weak.