Foxes

sufi

lala
Don't think we've had a foxes thread since about 2005 so...

tory/murdoch konspiracy or what?

scottdisco

rip this joint please
i heard some animal rights sorts have been sending abuse and threats to the couple whose children were attacked by a fox in east London the other month. dunno if this is true, would not surprise me in the slightest if it were.

always a pleasure to see one upon the road, sun normally going down, light catching the coat, trotting onward, top creatures in the game.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
though i do know the Fox Project charity has definitely been getting abusive calls, was an interview in the guardian.

IdleRich

IdleRich
When I was growing up in the country I never saw foxes - now I live in Hackney I see 'em almost every day (saw a huge one about an hour ago, what I presume was a family of three a couple of days back) but I still love it. I get quite excited, often to the annoyance of the people I'm with who tend to have outgrown the novelty.
I love this letter - I'd be extra excited if they did introduce wolves.

"Right here in Woodford there are foxes who come into open kitchen doors and steal runners [trainers] shoos etc .They are as bold as brass, and very cheeky, the problem is people feed them and they come around looking for scraps. Wolves might get rid of them, but they may be a step too far.
Mr C Quinn, Ilford London England"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8726282.stm

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haha, "wolves might get rid of them, but they may be a step too far".

Then to keep the wolves in check we'd need bears, and before you know it you've got velociraptors running around the place. A biological pest-control arms race. It could be the end of us, I tell you.

STN

sou'wester
hmm, that reminds me of an old woman I heard a song about.

That family getting threats and abuse can't be true can it? You'd have to be SUCH a chief to do that.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The old lady with the series of ever-larger animals inside her? Yeah, rings a bell...oh, it was that video I saw on the internet once. The one starring your mum.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
The old lady with the series of ever-larger animals inside her? Yeah, rings a bell...oh, it was that video I saw on the internet once. The one starring your mum.

I had an illustrated children book - I'm sure it was a rhyme.

There was an old woman who swallowed a fly...

STN

sou'wester
Though numerous ribald ballads have of course been composed to celebrate Tea's mum's swallowing ability, etc etc.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Though numerous ribald ballads have of course been composed to celebrate Tea's mum's swallowing ability, etc etc.

Oh for sure, I mean the woman can deepthroat a swordfish, she's a legend in her own lifetime.