hip hop '10

petergunn

plywood violin
dipset is back?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

this is big, i think. he's banged up now though

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

zhao

there are no accidents
allow me to merk your trite selections with this:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

gumdrops

new big boi album is a good one, though after listening to it more, i think its more a case of about 4-5 outstanding songs, the rest consistent but not really that remarkable. could be wrong though, need to spend a bit more time with it.

STN

sou'wester
new big boi album is a good one, though after listening to it more, i think its more a case of about 4-5 outstanding songs, the rest consistent but not really that remarkable. could be wrong though, need to spend a bit more time with it.

yes, I've really enjoyed it on first listen (but not TOO much if you know what I mean - I sometimes find an album you fall in love with straightaway loses its shine very quickly). I was expecting it to be a sprawling crazy epic, so the idea of a few tracks that later turn out to be filler weirdly doesn't bother me that much. Love the one with George Clinton.The skits are lame.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I like those Dipset tracks. But really, y'all are sleeping

gumdrops

yes, I've really enjoyed it on first listen (but not TOO much if you know what I mean - I sometimes find an album you fall in love with straightaway loses its shine very quickly). I was expecting it to be a sprawling crazy epic, so the idea of a few tracks that later turn out to be filler weirdly doesn't bother me that much. Love the one with George Clinton.The skits are lame.

i think the peaks are really high, but there arent all that many of them. album is too long too. id have cut it down quite a bit. big boi is great on all of it though.

if you dont need your hip hop state of the art, dont sleep on fashawn -

Haven't listened yet but looking forward to it. Shutterbug has to be tune of 2010 so far..

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Just noticed that a couple of the bonus tracks on Big Boi's album have André 3000 guesting on them, I guess Jive must have reached an agreement. The second of the two (with Sleepy Brown too) has a synth line bearing a serious resemblance to one of Silkie's tracks from City Limits.

gumdrops

something about dre3000s programming has become quite stiff i think, from listening to you aint no dj and lookin for ya. that time lagged/stuttering drum fill on lookin for ya is meant to be a bit off i know but it just sounds a bit wrong to me :slanted:

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
allow me to merk your trite selections with this:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This one's my favourite. I've paid very little attention to hip hop this year

petergunn

plywood violin
i realize that Swizz Beats has been making this same beat ("on to the next one") for the last 4 years or so... always the same bpm and rhythmic feel... catchy, tho...

samples Justice (again!)...