i-dosing

connect_icut

Oh yeah, I've heard about this. I think it's just binaural beats, which basically means two sine tones of very slightly different frequencies played simultaneously, creating a perceived internal rhythm. People have used them in hypnotism and meditation for ages. I actually built a binaural beat generator in Max/MSP, as a relaxation aide. It didn't help much.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Daily FAIL more like!! Lol!

I was at a local basketball court in Philadelphia and some friends and I were playing a game. A couple of guys came down the street and they were listening to headphones. They were talking crazy and started fighting. Turns out, they were "dosing." My mom was so upset she sent me to live with my aunt and uncle here in California.
- F Prince, Belair, US, 21/7/2010 13:17

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...gh-music-download-internet.html#ixzz0uOXngEN7

BA BOOM

Leo

some sound like a ship’s horn being repeated again and again

nurse with wound?

whilst others are more abrasive and resemble cheap synthesizers being played very fast.

crystal castles?

muser

has there been any studies to show binaural beats do actually have any real (non placebo) effect, especially concerning all pseudo-science you hear about mimicing beta and theta waves etc. Most music has binaural beats of some form in it anyway becuase of the western 12-TET system (doesn't neccessarily disproove any possible effects). I-dosing is just jokes though.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Reminds me of Chris Morris playing music from a 'boom rave' to David Ames MP, both at normal speed ("BIP!") and slowed down to demonstrate how it sounds to someone on 'cake'. :D

mos dan

fact music
my mate wrote that daily mail article. when he posted it on his fb wall he wrote 'my very own shatner's bassoon'