lil b

I've only listened to the first two tunes, and I like them. With the southern drawl, I find it hard to distinguish between people who drawl intentionally and flow (like this guy) and those who drawl like they've been lobotomised (Gucci)

I like the production more than the bars tbh.

luka

so do i. hes not southeren tho, hes from berkely california, like phillip k dick. hes a bit like lil wayne, kool keith, a bit like tricky, more wayne than tricky when it comes to workrate. tricky when it comes to not being a 'proper' rapper. he lives on the internet and from the not very much i know seems to use youtube as his main promotional tool. a bit like the odd future guys slackk pointed out and lo-bee has been gettin a bit excited about. not having to produce a physical thing means, i mean its like digital cameras, it doesnt matter now how much photos you take. theres no film to use up. if theres no mixtape you can just put things out there, fling it all out like wileys zipfiles. unfiltered, unedited, unrevised. which has its obvious downside of course, but is fascintaing at the same time.

Last edited:

luka

this is him when he bothers to rap, pretty incredible song. a lot of his tracks are just taken from people i've never heard of, like m83... i could find out who they are, but i dont care enough.

luka

"i love to play rugby/i never played but i love to watch it/i just lied again/i love rugby-they tackle hard/with no pants on"

luka

This Song Is A Leak From The Most Anticipated Underground Rap Album Of 2010

Composed And Produced By THE BASEDGOD

This Album Will Change The World And The Rap Game

LIL B

The Only Way To Find Or Contact THE BASEDGOD is Through Lil B

Rain In England Is NOT an ALBUM

it is an EMOTION

YANNI OF THE RAP WORLD MEGASTAR BUT IM STILL HUMAN
#
FREAkY52
1 week ago
Damn Lil B, Why Is Everything Soo Hard, I Just Wanna Leave This Earth, Why Do Girls Have to Keep Your Heart, And Never Give it Back? Man I just Wanna Cry, I Don't care What people Think About me, I just Wanna Be Free Of This, I Feel Sick :(

Last edited:

petergunn

plywood violin
don't forget his first hit...........

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

was very suprised when he resurfaced... "i am god" and "i am the devil" were the first i had heard of him on his own... his workrate is amazing, he gives good interview, and every once in a while he makes a great track... he's playing in nyc on saturday but i can't go.........

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
lil b mostly produces for himself, as far as I understand.

for anyone interested, noz at cocaineblunts (still the best rap blog out there) has been pushing this dude hard for the last year plus or so. if you do a search for a lil b over there & trawl through you'll find loads of stuff.

I've never really gotten into lil b beyond scratching the surface - I mean, who the hell can keep up with his insanely prolific output, plus there's the issue of quality control, or lack thereof, but every now & then there's a crazy gem; in fact he's kind of like a one-man ca. 90s Dance Mania. I remember one track I heard with him rapping over what can only described as ambient gabba, and it was surprisingly awesome.

tom lea

i havent really been paying attention to the lil b thing, i didnt know he was the dude from the pack.

luka

#
SkittlesBaby
5 days ago
Good Poem... Be Careful... Yu know they are going to try to get yu .