hard 94-2000 hip hop

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
"This record was tailor-made for the Tunnel. After the Bad Boy era and the Ruff Ryders album, that's when the Lox was the most anticipated for their next album. When they did the album release party for We Are The Streets at the Tunnel, they performed a couple of songs, then they started to do 'Wild Out' and the club went crazy. It was so many people wildin' out—like 2,500 people in the club—that this dude in a wheelchair was getting shook around a lot. And he was getting nervous, so he went to pull out his gun, and shot himself in the leg. We heard gunshots, like pop-pop-pop, even though the music was so loud. Once we heard the gunshots, everybody started running. And that shut down the Tunnel for a couple of months."

hahaha

luka

yeah this reminds me of westwood and the new york rap exchange he done with flex every month, sometimes live from the tunnel. i know all these songs more or less off by heart.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
going through this list was great but unfortunately I ended up spending all fucking day on that website going through all their lists.

another plus, though - i'd never seen this before

re: the list - i remember buying some of the jay-z albums which some of the tunes are from and thinking they were absolute dog shit. thing is i didn't have any idea whatsoever about the club context...

would have thought this

was big at the tunnel

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
"This record was tailor-made for the Tunnel. After the Bad Boy era and the Ruff Ryders album, that's when the Lox was the most anticipated for their next album. When they did the album release party for We Are The Streets at the Tunnel, they performed a couple of songs, then they started to do 'Wild Out' and the club went crazy. It was so many people wildin' out—like 2,500 people in the club—that this dude in a wheelchair was getting shook around a lot. And he was getting nervous, so he went to pull out his gun, and shot himself in the leg. We heard gunshots, like pop-pop-pop, even though the music was so loud. Once we heard the gunshots, everybody started running. And that shut down the Tunnel for a couple of months."

hahaha

genius :)

but...looking through this....some of those songs are shiiiiit (listening tot he top 10)....

Last edited: