six tre chevrolet (lowrider hits)

nomos

Administrator
switches, chrome, synth bass, bounce. no jeep beats.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

nomos

Administrator
obv.

rubberdingyrapids

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

some of these are maybe more just laid back mid 90s west coast rap than certified low rider anthems but still good.

Last edited:

Aera Aleph

Drag Me Away
<object width="1300" height="765"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1300" height="765"></embed></object>

Dont no nothing about lowriders. I'm in the same boat as Alex, this is good enough to warrant inclusion. Comptons most wanted

luka

masta ace is the definition of jeep beats. sorry to be pedantic but he did say though....

the greatest song ever as far as i'm concerned

franz

willful misinterpretation/faithful product placement.:

couldn't find a satisfactory definition for Jeep beat online. urban dictionary's is woeful.

that King Tee song is great, tho.

apologies for the thread interruption.

nomos

Administrator
couldn't find a satisfactory definition for Jeep beat online. urban dictionary's is woeful.
it's basically shorthand for hard new york style tracks from the late-80s/early-90s because that was the vehicle of choice there. whereas on the west coast, where there's more room to stretch out and nicer weather, it was all about big old cars (chevy impalas, etc.) with the hydraulics, rims, chrome and paint jobs. you could generalize and say jeep beats were more about the banging drums, while the g-funk/lowrider stuff more about the synth basslines.

but to confuse things, and be even more pedantic, here's ace playing it both ways. (but yeah, he's really about the jeeps.)

I cruise through
your neighborhood, in a chevrolet impala
dropped to the ground and, makin the girls holla

VS

Last edited:

petergunn

plywood violin
when i think lowider music, i think of shit like Earth Angel and lots of chicano rock like Santana, El Chicano, War, and Malo...

Aera Aleph

Drag Me Away
bzzzt! must have overlooked that no jeepbeat thing. still one of my favourite tunes though.

interesting how he goes about dissing the "wick-wack low-ridin cadillac" crowd now that i think of it.