HAPPENINGS- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Woebot

I thought we could do with a thread detailing any "Happenings". I´d like to completely exclude any web-related Flash Mob stuff and everything to do with FaXebook or TwiXter.

What I´d like to see here is just reportage of really lonely stuff that happens in the real world. One man giving away one penny pieces by Tottenham Court Road all day to complete strangers. Bits of philosophical graffiti. Things your girlfriend did at the Johnny Trunk Ken Nordine show. The lonelier and more naked the better.

Woebot

here´s one to start with:

at the atlantic coast a snail caught itself in my tent.

i dismantled the tent and drove to the medeterranean.

at the medeterranean i removed the snail from the tent and placed it in a tree.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
at the atlantic coast a snail caught itself in my tent.

i dismantled the tent and drove to the medeterranean.

at the medeterranean i removed the snail from the tent and placed it in a tree.

I find this inexpressibly heartwarming.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I've taken to drinking in Liverpool Street, it's weird round there. Bankers.

Sitting outside a pub a homeless guy comes over selling these really flash mags. I'm like 'wow, did you make those yourself' and he goes 'yeah, look' and opens one to the first page, an advert for Swiss Army knives, talks me through the advert, obviously blaggin it but he knows it and I know it and it's quite a sweet exchange.

The suit sitting on the table in front of me with a lady friend turns round and gets out his wallet and shows a card and says 'Actually, you can't sell those magazines, I own that company and what you're doing is illegal'.

I lost it and was like 'How fucking DARE you try and intimidate him, he's fucking homeless and just trying to survive', yelling to this guy's face. The guy backtracks - "I...I.. wasn't trying to intimidate him'. I'm like 'Well what the FUCK do you think getting your card out and showing it to him was then, a mark of fucking friendship?'. Guy backtracks further, says to the guy selling the mags 'Well, er, just don't sell them over there (points at station) because they give them away free there'. I'm like 'Yeah, that's a bit better'. He turns away, me and the homeless guy look at each other and in unison both make punk V signs behind his back.

Guy and lady friend vacate table.

Homeless people : 1, investment bankers, nil.

edit : maybe more bleak/triumphal than lonely as a happening though.

Last edited:

sufi

lala
zain telecom ramadhan campaign for palestine/unrwa
unrwa are brilliant, they recently organised the kids of gaza to get the world record for flying kites