New Terms For Forum Use

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Doing A Middleton

When you can't be bothered to do any research, thinking or selection and you just post on a forum in the hope others will do the work for you.

This was named after Tom Middleton posted on the Big Chill Forum for ideas/tracks for a new CD. People replied and sure enough 90% of said album was named on the thread by others.

IdleRich

IdleRich
"This was named after Tom Middleton posted on the Big Chill Forum for ideas/tracks for a new CD. People replied and sure enough 90% of said album was named on the thread by others."
I kind of applaud his acumen there - and at least he was honest. On the other hand, how difficult can it be to think of a few tracks for a compilation cd?

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
URLate (v)
the act of responding to a detailed inquiry or a series of questions or a conversation point or a cry for help by responding with just a solitary URL link.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
cylence (n)
psycho-acoustic mindstate following realisation that a post has killed a thread. if not killed then maimed..

D

droid

VFTW (voice from the wilderness):

To appear on a forum with a inflammatory post attacking perceived wisdom and to then respond to reasonable replies by branding other posters as sheeple who cant see through the illusions fostered on them by the western media/societal conditioning/PC brigade etc...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
VFTW (voice from the wilderness):

To appear on a forum with a inflammatory post attacking perceived wisdom and to then respond to reasonable replies by branding other posters as sheeple who cant see through the illusions fostered on them by the western media/societal conditioning/PC brigade etc...

Ha, I think I know who you're talking about - recently I mean, of course it's an identifiable type of internet person - the kind of guy who'd swear blind the earth is flat just because the 'official story' is that it's round...

Last edited:

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
[see also]
contrarion's belt (n)
that place a thread can descend to when a literal reading of an obviously-joking post derails an otherwise amusing/interesting e-discussion.