Gareth Williams

you

Any thoughts about the unfortunate demise of this man?

Personally I can't see how such a suspicious murder ( i know it's not officially a murder but nobody can cut themselves up and put their parts in a holdall alone... ) can be anything but political in the given circumstances.

The rather odd cause of death, the time it occurred ( within a time of leave from work ) and the increasing media focus on quasi-truthful personal aspects all point towards a rather grim political force at work somewhere...

Thoughts?

Last edited:

grizzleb

Similar stuff to the Julian Assange 'rape' allegations that were dropped after a day...but just enough time for him to be on the front pages for it. Smearing folk.

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Similar stuff to the Julian Assange 'rape' allegations that were dropped after a day...but just enough time for him to be on the front pages for it. Smearing folk.

yes, big shame that someone opposed to Wikileaks may try and make hay from that, a terrible business all round.

also a shame that a putative molestation charge, which i gather remains open, might be caught up in all this. i am sure Julian Assange and whoever his accuser is would like to see the matter concluded and it doesn't help when people are throwing mud at him for another allegation that has since been shown to be thin air.

still, fair play to Maria Haljebo Kjellstrand clarifying her business

Prosecutor's office spokeswoman Karin Rosander told AFP late Saturday that the procedure followed was normal and would have been launched automatically by the duty prosecutor in serious cases such as rape.

Separately the duty prosecutor, Maria Haljebo Kjellstrand, said that she "did not regret her decision".

The two women who originally made the allegations did not make an official complaint and it was the police who took the decision to inform the prosecutor's office, she told Expressen newspaper, which broke the story of the charges.

"I received a report from the police which seemed to me to be sufficient to arrest him. On Friday evening I got a call from the police describing what the women said. The information I received was convincing enough for me to take my decision," Hljebo Kjellstrand was quoted as saying.

crackerjack

Any thoughts about the unfortunate demise of this man?

Personally I can't see how such a suspicious murder ( i know it's not officially a murder but nobody can cut themselves up and put their parts in a holdall alone... ) can be anything but political in the given circumstances.

The rather odd cause of death, the time it occurred ( within a time of leave from work ) and the increasing media focus on quasi-truthful personal aspects all point towards a rather grim political force at work somewhere...

Thoughts?

Times website was already pointing the finger at MI5 smears for the personal stuff. This was as much as the front page showed
"senior detectives investigating the murder of a British spy found stuffed into a holdall have questioned lurid claims about the man’s sex life, lending weight to claims of a smear campaign. The family of Gareth Williams, 30, challenged reports in the press today – thought to have come from security sources"

Same old Menezes/Tomlinson pattern innit* - set up decoys and hope everyone runs the wrong way.

*Not that I'm suggesting UK security forces murdered him - were that the case you'd hope they'd at least have the gumption to dispose of the body more efficiently - but rather GW was involved in something they don't want in the public remit.

you

The recent radio four documentary about why Russia still spies on us is fantastic, RAF Leuchars pretty much have a 24 hour patrol of the north sea, most pilots have come across Russian planes more than a dozen times each, right at the edge of international waters....

If he was an normal civilian then the claims of the murder being domestic would be odd, in crimes of passion people don't usually kill in this way ( or at least thats what I feel, people are shot or stabbed or strangled but not methodically dissected afterwards ).

This coupled with the "co-incidence" that it occurred at the beginning of his leave.

The smears against him are all smoke.

Definitely up on some crazy-ass Russian Mafia tip

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
The recent radio four documentary about why Russia still spies on us is fantastic, RAF Leuchars pretty much have a 24 hour patrol of the north sea, most pilots have come across Russian planes more than a dozen times each, right at the edge of international waters....

If he was an normal civilian then the claims of the murder being domestic would be odd, in crimes of passion people don't usually kill in this way ( or at least thats what I feel, people are shot or stabbed or strangled but not methodically dissected afterwards ).

This coupled with the "co-incidence" that it occurred at the beginning of his leave.

The smears against him are all smoke.

Definitely up on some crazy-ass Russian Mafia tip

Was he dissected? I can't find any reference to it, and it doesn't look like it when they brought the body out in the pictures, unless they kinda put his head there, and torso there etc on the trolley. My impression was it was a really big sports bag, in fact we were wondering what sort of sports bag would be big enough.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
sorry - thats an assumption "...discovered in a holdall"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-11095158

a holdall isn't very big.....

I know, we were trying to imagine some really huge Diadora type golf club bag, and trying to squish him in it. I think that's the weirdest part for me of this - if he'd been chopped up, it would be, OK, he got chopped up. But being left in a bag seems really, well, weird in some way. It's more threatening.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
The coverage of this is a bit rich isn't it? The guy was an employee of MI5 who had worked in Fort Meade and Kabul decrypting codes likely used by the Taliban but it's more likely the reason he was murdered was because he was allegedly into a bit of bondage and gay sex? Who the fuck is going to buy that?