PDA

View Full Version : What's Sun Araw like live?

michael
08-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Yo, nerds from the hypnagogic pop thread, any thoughts on the topic? He's coming down under... He? They?

paolo
09-09-2010, 08:55 AM
I suspect that most hypnagogic type acts aren't that great live but I have no evidence to support this. I'd still go to see Sun Araw or someone like that myself though

michael
09-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah, considering it. I guess there's probably some junk on youtube or something anyway.... will investigate.

Diggedy Derek
20-09-2010, 10:30 AM
I've seen him live and he's very good. Surprisingly in a way, I was wondering how the hell he was going to do it on his own. But somehow it works very well. Dubbed-out blues is the method, basically, with a good feel for textures.

Diggedy Derek
20-09-2010, 10:57 AM
He was playing with Pocahaunted, who I didn't dig that much.

Other similar types I've seen live –OPN (really good), Skaters (really good), Dolphins Into The Future (not great, at least when I saw them)

unclerico
20-09-2010, 11:49 AM
He was playing with Pocahaunted, who I didn't dig much that much.

Other similar types I've seen live –*OPN (really good), Skaters (really good), Dolphins Into The Future (not great, at least when I saw them)

agree on opn..any opinion on ducktails live?

Diggedy Derek
20-09-2010, 12:18 PM
I've not seen him live.

His new split LP on No Fun Productions is really good though, after a couple of slightly below par releases

connect_icut
20-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Other similar types I've seen live –OPN (really good), Skaters (really good), Dolphins Into The Future (not great, at least when I saw them)

Ooh, I'm going to see OPN in Seattle on Saturday (supporting Fennesz!) Can't wait. Will report back.

nochexxx
20-09-2010, 05:33 PM

i'm considering going to see Dolphins Into the Future and Ducktails later this week. Not a massive fan but need time away from Cambs. so do DITF do any tape manipulation live?

paolo
21-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Sun Araw's playing in Glasgow in November :cool:

connect_icut
21-09-2010, 04:27 PM
I noticed that he's doing at least one show with Hype Williams. Can't remember where.