What's Sun Araw like live?

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Yo, nerds from the hypnagogic pop thread, any thoughts on the topic? He's coming down under... He? They?

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
I suspect that most hypnagogic type acts aren't that great live but I have no evidence to support this. I'd still go to see Sun Araw or someone like that myself though

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Yeah, considering it. I guess there's probably some junk on youtube or something anyway.... will investigate.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I've seen him live and he's very good. Surprisingly in a way, I was wondering how the hell he was going to do it on his own. But somehow it works very well. Dubbed-out blues is the method, basically, with a good feel for textures.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
He was playing with Pocahaunted, who I didn't dig that much.

Other similar types I've seen live –OPN (really good), Skaters (really good), Dolphins Into The Future (not great, at least when I saw them)

Last edited:

unclerico

He was playing with Pocahaunted, who I didn't dig much that much.

Other similar types I've seen live –*OPN (really good), Skaters (really good), Dolphins Into The Future (not great, at least when I saw them)

agree on opn..any opinion on ducktails live?

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I've not seen him live.

His new split LP on No Fun Productions is really good though, after a couple of slightly below par releases

connect_icut

Other similar types I've seen live –OPN (really good), Skaters (really good), Dolphins Into The Future (not great, at least when I saw them)

Ooh, I'm going to see OPN in Seattle on Saturday (supporting Fennesz!) Can't wait. Will report back.

nochexxx

harco pronting

i'm considering going to see Dolphins Into the Future and Ducktails later this week. Not a massive fan but need time away from Cambs. so do DITF do any tape manipulation live?