Grind / Death metal (Explicit Content)

DoughNought

In respect to this great forum with information on such diverse music for all parts of the world, i thought i will contribute a small genre Grind music,
The music is very intense and great but it is often dressed in the most grotesque and horrible way. Please remember that i share non of the views and am not a violent person. i liked this music just for the pure intense sounds.

This post is very disgusting but i am giving this a shot anyawys. Please remove this post if needs be.

First up on the list is my absolut favourite band CUM! from Japan, Some of the best guitars i have ever heard
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Next up a really funny band from Australia Blood Duster.
i think its a parody of KoRn.

Pig Destroyer

Cock n Ball Torture from germany, they have got funk in this intensity! this is so dancy!
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_l2TVlX4EYA?fs=1&hl=en_GB&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_l2TVlX4EYA?fs=1&hl=en_GB&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuucKYgMSZw?fs=1&hl=en_GB&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fuucKYgMSZw?fs=1&hl=en_GB&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Devourment from Texas, (pioners of this heavy gutteral and slow bashing guitars!)
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cermEwefgR0?fs=1&hl=en_GB&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cermEwefgR0?fs=1&hl=en_GB&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Thats all for now, Again this post is not meant to offend but to expose certain music, despite its horrors.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Yeah, that Pig Destroyer track is one of the best on the album. Hadn't heard of the other bands.

nah, i'll drink syrup before blood
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

hint

party record with a siren
This type of music mystifies me. It's described as heavy / extreme, but the general sound of it is so far divorced from the sound of people going wild with heavy guitars and drums. It strikes me as sonically inappropriate, like playing a lullaby with a hoover bass sound.

It clearly makes sense to many people though - just a different way of listening I suppose?

The whole wiry guitar and clicky drum production - how did that style start?

For reference, I'd say this is what heavy guitars and drums sound like:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

rivetrenuck

I guess it depends who you talk to about heavy guitars, its a term that so many people have attributed to different guitars, some of my friends would say Iron Maiden has got the heaviest guitars, i personally dont think so

Here is what i think is heavy

this gets insanely heavy after 1.18 minutes

Legends

10 tons heavy!

CrowleyHead

matt b

Indexing all opinion

CrowleyHead

rivetrenuck

yeah i used to be really into stoner/sludge rock. slowed down distorted bluesy.

Warhorse, another great stoner band

here is one, by a band that i really dont like, but this one track though. just amazing guitars!

Last edited:

rivetrenuck

i prefered this album from cattle decapitation,
they had great guitars, what vocals!

mms

sometimes
pity there isn't much corrupted on youtube -they're pretty amazing at capturing that absolute end of the world vibe
the guys voice sounds like a freezing cold tornado and their music is always especially desolate - the sleeves are good too.

CrowleyHead

The contrast between the interests in grind and doom is interesting, because that's kind of what grindcore was built on. The speed bits are hardcore but the 1st Napalm team (Mick Harris, JK Broadrick) deemed it grindcore because they'd begin with the slow-tempo 'Swans Grind' before launching into the hi-speed thrash parts.

There are actually some Eyehategod tracks that do both sludge/doom and then launch into grindy sort of stuff, but I can't name one off the top right now...

Brodequin and Pustulated definitely.

And speaking of grind, Siege should definitely be mentioned (although not grind band, they were really big influence on Napalm Death and whole power violence scene). Amazing band all around (and probablly angriest punk / hc band ever)

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
"probablly angriest punk / hc band ever" haha

xcanaanx were a fave..

also

a couple of good bands on rucktion.. the other croydon hardcore continuum lol... i especially liked diction the few times i heard them play.. also gotta mention knuckledust who were great..

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

This is like metal crossed with a sore throat commercial. It's good.