Fabric's Elevator Music.

MatthewH

makes strange noises.
Perhaps I missed a memo on this, but wasn't this supposed to be a series of cds and club nights?

Looks like there's just been the one cd and I guess there was the launch but have there been specifically-branded Elevator Music nights at Fabric since then?

The cd was good - more of the same would be nice.

MatthewH

makes strange noises.
I wondered if attendance was really low at the night, and they canned the whole thing. I heard a lot more people previewing the event beforehand than reviewing it.

Benny Bunter

nah, I went down to that night, mainly to see Todd Edwards, and it was ridiculously packed. The busiest club I've ever been in. Don't think I'd go back there mind...

unknown soulja

Wild Horses
Yeah the night was proper rammed, although I think everyone that bought the CD got guestlist so not sure if they would have made (that) much out of it.
From what I understand Fabric are pretty fucked money wise so probs dont have a lot of cash to throw at something which seems like a bit of a departure from their standard fare (friend of mine subscribes to the CDs and said he hasnt recieved one for the last few months which is pretty ominous!)
Also, as far as I know a couple of people in charge of curating the tracks on that CD have left Fabric as well so it may be that there isnt anyone championing it internally anymore.
This is all conjecture but might have some bearing on why there hasnt been anything more about it.

alex

Do not read this.
Yea I was gonna say that one of the guys who put it together got the boot didn’t he.

gragy10

Veteran Lurker
Lol - Alex & Soulja hit the nail on the head.
The matter fallout over there probably precludes them doing anything interesting label wise for the forseeable future