PDA

View Full Version : dreams - they're weird, innit?

stelfox
01-11-2004, 10:20 AM
last night i had the oddest dream. walking down lower clapton road i saw a heron riding one of those fold-up shopping bikes with the little wheels. gotta get a picture of this for luka, i thought, so i chased it down the road with my phone-cam, but every time i got it in focus thru the camera's sights it was a man, not thru the camera it was always a heron. this went on for a bit, with me getting more and more out of breath as i chased it. i stopped and then the bike clattered down on the road and the heron flew away. what the fuck was that all about?

infinite thought
01-11-2004, 10:31 AM
A quick search reveals the meaning of your dream: 'Heron:
You can expect some losses, but you will regain them and more if you dreamed of these exotic birds.'

Which is to say.....precisely nothing! And whether they are exotic or not depends on your geographical location, surely - I doubt they would be symbolic if you lived next to Slimbridge or whatever that bird sanctury place is called.

Was it a variation on the fish/bicycle ting? Perhaps something to do with women...in a convoluted way...?

Probably dreaming of Hackney is more symbolic. Ah, Hackney....city of dreams.

nick.K
01-11-2004, 11:21 AM
what the fuck was that all about?

do you really want to know?

mms
01-11-2004, 11:31 AM
there is a scientific theory that dreams are just the side affects of overnight repairs on specific networks in the brain whilst sleeping, but it's a bit miserable to think that's all they are really.

stelfox
01-11-2004, 11:37 AM
oh i'm not entirely sure it was "about" anything much. i don't really believe in that dream analysis hokum, anyway. but it was strange. i certainly don't dream about animals/birds doing human stuff very often. it was just a particularly odd dream and all a bit ghetto wind in the willows - y'know, anthropomorphism 'n' tha hood.

nick.K
01-11-2004, 12:19 PM
yes, I don't like to know what dreams mean. there was a time a few years back when I'd write them down as soon as I woke up, or even in the dark with my eyes closed but then the scenes would start turning up in my writing, or paralleled in real life. had to stop because I couldn't be sure if I was reading them into my life or visaversa.

martin
01-11-2004, 01:22 PM
last night i had the oddest dream. walking down lower clapton road i saw a heron riding one of those fold-up shopping bikes with the little wheels. gotta get a picture of this for luka, i thought, so i chased it down the road with my phone-cam, but every time i got it in focus thru the camera's sights it was a man, not thru the camera it was always a heron. this went on for a bit, with me getting more and more out of breath as i chased it. i stopped and then the bike clattered down on the road and the heron flew away. what the fuck was that all about?

The heron represents blogging in theory - the desire to let one's thoughts spill forth online
The camera represents blogging in practice - the physical act of typing
WHEN you try to put theory into practice, the desire eludes you - it becomes MAN
Which represents your physical desires
At the moment, eating, drinking, human conversation, sex and contact are what are important to you
The writing currently eludes you, and this leaves you frustrated in a Wyle E Coyote sort of way

The fold-up bike is a symbol of good nature, and blogging will snatch it away from you

stelfox
01-11-2004, 01:35 PM
i have always associated this kind of fold-up bike with naturists and perverts, though

http://www.dahon.com/images/folding.gif

martin
01-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Oh, was it one of THOSE sorts. That scuppers the whole dream - I'm afraid this means you're due an extortionate gas bill

be.jazz
01-11-2004, 02:47 PM
there is a scientific theory that dreams are just the side affects of overnight repairs on specific networks in the brain whilst sleeping, but it's a bit miserable to think that's all they are really.
Why miserable? It sounds cool to me.

Triple-M
01-11-2004, 05:48 PM
There are all sorts of websites that will analyse that for you; just Google it.
Caveat: Some of them will be run by shysters trying to sell you dodgy self-help books.