Tomoko Takahashi

Woebot

Tomoko is a friend of a friend (aren't i cool!?) I got asked to the opening of the show at The Serpentine but didnt go.

I did check the exhibition later though and it was good. Maybe not as personal as her earlier stuff (which was all her own junk) but still memorable.

Did anyone else see this?

mms

sometimes
yeah it was really good, organised mess, gorgeous to look at, do you know what she is doing with it all when she finishes there are a couple of things i would like ? ;)

Last edited:

jk_gabba

gabba survivor
I went to this, liked it a lot, I've seen her stuff at the old saatchi gallery and photos of the thing she did in those tennis courts, and it was interesting to see her using a smaller space, made it feel a bit more neurotic.

Arn't all the contents of the installation being given away at the end of the show? in a couple of days i guess..

Woebot

jk_gabba said:
I went to this, liked it a lot, I've seen her stuff at the old saatchi gallery and photos of the thing she did in those tennis courts, and it was interesting to see her using a smaller space, made it feel a bit more neurotic.

I really liked the Saatchi Gallery show. In the basement wasn't it?

jk_gabba said:
Arn't all the contents of the installation being given away at the end of the show? in a couple of days i guess..

Yes on April 10th if you turn up you can have whatever you like!

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Ah, that's cool!

Yeah went to this the other day- I really liked it. Don't think it felt neurotic though, quite the opposite- really positive vibe about it.

mms

sometimes
Diggedy Derek said:
Ah, that's cool!

Yeah went to this the other day- I really liked it. Don't think it felt neurotic though, quite the opposite- really positive vibe about it.

yes breathtaking and gently organised, reassuring.

jk_gabba

gabba survivor
density

Maybe neurotic is the wrong word, it was almost like a positive neurosis, just the sheer level of Stuff and the fact that the serpentine usually feels like a little sanctuary in the middle of the park make me think her work contrasts with some of the sore classically "serene" art I associate with the place. Neurotic in contrast with video art maybe, or just dense I guess..