Another grime primer

decent but dunno why....

'headquarters', 'boogie man', 'destruction' or 'frontline' are on there.....

what happened to 'boo', 'golly gosh', 'triplets 1 2 or 3', 'pied piper' ...i could go on.......

outraygeous

its good but some of the tunes on there get air compared to the producers other releases
danny weed is creeper
ruff squad is tings in boots

you can also chat about grime instrumentals and grime vocals that were spawned.

some tunes i think get over looked

thie whole breaky time, i dont smoke the reefa, 138 trek.
wookies reply to 138, storm
groove chronicles 1999
masterstepz melody

just a couple massive tunes which were way diffrent too all the stuff out there at the time

Plasticman

I'm not a great fan of these primer things...

They always seem to be more a representation of the author's favourite tracks rather than an indication of real groundbreaking moments in the movement.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
well, of course primers are representative of the authors' opinions!!! what else would they be? anyway, i thought it was a pretty good job, regardless of who wrote it, where they're from or anything else.
only thing i would say is that not including luka in the list right at the end is a massive, glaring oversight.

mpc

wasteman
i was discussing yesterday how sublow always gets overlooked in these primer lists, so it's good that some sublow does get a mention here.

So Solid Crew: "Dilemma"
Musical Mob: "Pulse X"
Wiley: "Eskimo"
Jon E Cash/Black Ops: "Sublow Pressure"
Wonder: "What?"
Wiley: "Ice Rink"
Kano: "Boys Luv Girls (Vice Versa)"
Danny Weed and Target: "Hyperdrive" / "Fresh Air"
Big E-D [ft. DEE]: "Frontline"
Durrty Doogz: "Hold Me Down (No No No)"
Jammer: "Destruction"
Ruff Sqwad: "Anna
Donae'o: "People Don't Know"
SLK [ft. Wonderkid]: "Hype Hype"
Sadie [ft. Kano]: "So Sure"
Trim [ft. D Double, Wiley, Riko, and Footsie]: "Boogieman"
Bruza: "Get Me"
Essentials: "Headquarters"
Lethal B: "Pow (Forward)"

i know this list is to introduce people to lesser known grime tracks but it's ridiculous not to even mention dizzee.

adruu

This Is It
not to disparage the effort and intellect, but in the end...major label comps are the most influential and effective arent they?

polz said:
What is your problem? Always when grime gets some exposure outside of London, the original hardcore firsttime fans seem to have something to complain. Of course it is just a personal view, do you know any other? Is there some objective grime greats list which is accorded by a committee? Be glad your music gets some attention (or do you actually not like that?)

polz shut the hell up and dont shorten my post pls cos I actually had a point, an OPINION OK? Im not an 'original hardcore firsttime fan' and grime isn't 'my' music - I only actually really rate two producers in the whole blasted scene. 'Grime' is what you call dirt not black music to me....

polz said:
???

i know you had an opinion, i had a different opinion and that's why this forum is called dissensus

excuse me, i must have misread the fact that about 60 of your current 67 posts are in grime related threads to mean that you like the music. sorry about that

so everybody who quotes somebody, should quote the whole post, including stuff like this i quess:

and what do you want to say with this, like it or not the music is referred to now (by yourself as well) as grime

i hope you lighten up a bit

when I said I had an opinion and you had a contrasting opinion theres no probs with that - I was tryna state that the way you abbreviated my post was misdirecting my point...

as I've said before grime/garage/NUKG interests me because of the kitchen sink ideal sonically but its really not there yet for me - the lack of say 10 good lyricists crystallises my point aswell as the lack of, for me, REALLY good producers. Again P-Jam, Terrah and some of Aftershock are the only guys that do it for me.

you didnt have to put my avy in but thanks for the free promo lol....

also the ppl I roll with refer to grime as garage or NUKG - again grime to me is dirt not black music.

Blessings.