TeN

no one? no one? echo? echo?

well anyway, I started the campaign:

I'm sure there's people on here who have either tried it or else given to other people's projects... speak up!

I think it's starting to become a little oversaturated too - too many people asking for too much money to do too little, and people may be getting fed up/suspicious. I saw one on there with some guy asking $10,000 or some similar insane amount to capture and upload bunch of tapes of hardcore shows from the '90s - something that a ton of people have done and continue to do for free... he listed his budget... he included a $12/hr salary for himself *HEADSLAP*

but all that regardless, it's interesting how it's being used essentially to pre-sell records and DVDs, as a way of avoiding labels and production companies

slowtrain

I never have, but I've donated to a couple of projects on there that seemed to be successful with it...

I haven't heard any reason not to use it though.. I suppose if you can make the people who are gonna donate go there then its just easy... (I.e, I don't think you can persuade anyone to donate through the site itself)