Terror Danjah

Elijah

Butterz
Think he has done enough to deserve his own thread now as I have worked closely with him over 18 months and his debut album is out next month on Hyperdub I just kind of wanted to give him a big shout out for helping me start off the Butterz label and reshaping instrumental Grime music in 2010.

Long term he will always be one of those under saluted guys in electronic music but his release rate, remixes, artist development is only matched by Wiley in the Grime scene in my opinion.

terror.danjah.sleeve.04.10.2010.feed_.jpg

We can use this thread to discuss the album, some of his past productions and some of the forthcoming Hardrive stuff.

Big up Terror Danjah, and Hyperdub for making him do the album

gumdrops

one of my favourite producers though i dont find myself liking his new stuff quite as much as his older releases. and the vocal songs ive heard from the album dont change my mind that hes best as an instrumentals kinda guy (barring a very small handful of songs).

nomos

Administrator
I'll third all of that. For me, one of the most inventive producers around in the last decade (though admittedly, I haven't kept up lately). Rhythmically mad/genius/sadistic in a way only matched by Wookie, with the dropped beats, pauses, reverses, etc. He can make an instrumental so vivid that it never really calls out for vocals.

I like abstracty sounds because I come from drum n bass. I like to do different sounds – I don’t like the same sounds. I don’t like nothing straight. If it sounds like someone else’s I’m not in it. I’ve got to be different, I have to be different. I’ve got to dress different, have my hair different, my girl’s gotta be different. How I brush my teeth gotta be different, even how I sleep is different. I snore loud ladies: it’s a problem. (Blackdown interview, 2004)
Are there clips yet form the album?

Last edited:

joe.dfx

who knows...
can someone please recommend some of his earlier stuff for me?

maybe stuff that's more easily accesible/found i.e. not a rare white that only 12 ppl own (if there is such a thing in grime circa 00-02)

Fundamental

Pure talent, smart, a grafter and obviously got the gift of the gab (like all the best heads in grime.)

SALUTE +1

soul_pill

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Webstarr

Definitely someone who is underrated, when you look at how many artists would be nobodies without Terror as well.

atoga

one of my favourite producers from any genre of music, but i have to agree about not liking a lot of the vocals on his tunes - the instrumentals often already have enough elements in them (and are quite dense sounding) so putting a vocal on top of all that seems unnecessary. when listening to vocals of his tunes i almost always pay more attention to the instrumental than whoever is spitting.

i really like some of his RnG tunes though -
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tom lea

elijah is it true he's doing an R&G EP on harddrive soon?

i hope so. 'so sure' is like an all-time grime top 10 for me.

Nii-Teiko

nii-o
best producer ever in Grime hands down for me

and one of the best producers I've heard regardless of genre - period

I've got this theory...Terror and Wiley are like the Sun and Moon of Grime. you can extend / read into that further if you want

I do have the album but haven't listened to it yet because of lack of time

what do people think of the artwork? looks like a maze...

Elijah

Butterz
Terror and Kode 9 are on the show tonight 1-3am so if you have any questions or any lost terror danjah tunes you want me to play then drop them in the thread

gumdrops

dont play creepy crawler. not cos its not good but everyone knows that one. play stuff like sonar, green street, juggling, sneak attack, stiff. i might have already mentioned it (im crap with titles lol) which is the one that has the sample 'you like that dont you bitch'. that track is amazing.